4EPKEC01rus (UTG+1): 13,601 (54 bb)
prinosshop (MP): 10,109 (40 bb)
Maverik_As7 (MP+1): 4,292 (17 bb)
Joviano.Lopes (CO): 15,013 (60 bb)
rodkobal (BU): 5,357 (21 bb)
GAS*DEZERTIR (SB): 21,857 (87 bb)
1numismat (BB): 5,820 (23 bb)

Pre-Flop: (663) Hero (1numismat) is BB with Q♣ K♥
1 fold, 4EPKEC01rus (UTG+1) calls 250, 1 fold, Maverik_As7 (MP+1) raises to 4,256 (all-in), 1 fold, rodkobal (BU) 3-bets to 5,321 (all-in), 1 fold, 1numismat (BB) - ?

F17 2 3

PokerStars, $1.96 + $0.24 - Hold'em No Limit - 150/300 (42 ante) - 8 players

1numismat (UTG): 5,163 (17 bb)
dettihboy (UTG+1): 22,551 (75 bb)
4EPKEC01rus (MP): 12,213 (41 bb)
prinosshop (MP+1): 2,882 (10 bb)
Lourdes Mendes (CO): 5,559 (19 bb)
Joviano.Lopes (BU): 12,838 (43 bb)
rodkobal (SB): 9,971 (33 bb)
GAS*DEZERTIR (BB): 20,393 (68 bb)

Pre-Flop: (786) Hero (1numismat) is UTG with 8♠ 8♦
1numismat (UTG) raises to 900, 2 players fold, prinosshop (MP+1) 3-bets to 2,840 (all-in), 2 players fold, rodkobal (SB) 4-bets to 9,929 (all-in), 1 fold, 1numismat (UTG) - ?

F17 2 4

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 3 KQo
Even in a PKO I fold here. KQo is not ahead of much, that people open jam or call for 17-21BB, and you are not yet involved in the action apart from posting a blind.

Hand 4 88
Min-raise instead of opening to 3BB, when your stack is this short. As played I call it off here. SB should be jamming wide trying to isolate MP+1 and win his bounty, and you put in almost 20% of your stack already. Even if MP+1 ends up scooping the main pot, you might win the side pot and survive in the tournament.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hand 3 is a fold pre

Hand 4: Let me start by echoing fundiver, you cant be 3x off of this stack size unless you know before you make the raise that you are jamming over any raise, or calling any jam. Otherwise you are losing too much on times when you have to raise fold and it is okay to raise fold... as long as your pre flop raise size is not too large.

Getting to the decision, know that if you lose to the initial jammer but beat the SB you will be about where you would be in chips if you fold as this juncture of the hand. So we should be focusing first on the initial jammer. We have to beat them no matter what to win the bounty and accumulate chips in the hand (yes I know the SB covers us but to me if we cant beat the initial raiser then this should be a pitch). What do we know about the initial raiser? They are jamming 10 BBs which is standard but based on the type of player they are 10 BB jamming ranges can actually vary quite a bit. The tighter they play the more it should make us fold. If they play looser with a normal stack the more we should want to call here. Some players wont jam 10 BBs unless they have A10+, and 77+ so not sure if this is one of those players, only you could know being at the table.

Then the SB comes into play of course since we lose to them we are out. Also depends on the type of player they are and their stats. They could be doing this loose but how loose is loose? Are they doing it with any Kx, doubt it. any pocket pair, doubt it but most of them. I would say 55+. My range for them right or wrong would be 55+, any ace and all broadways. That puts us at about 56%. Is that enough knowing if we beat them but lose to initial raiser we about break even in chips? I dont think so. To me this comes down to how tight is the initial raisers range since it is their bounty I am after. If I dont feel great about beating them then I wouldnt stick it in on a 56% chance to break even (obviously we would suck out some of the time when behind initial raiser but not counting that for simplicity). If the initial raiser is loose though and you think there are plenty of 22, A5 type hands in their range then I think you can go for the bounty and triple up considering at this point you are only risking 14 BBs.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 3 KQo
Even in a PKO I fold here. KQo is not ahead of much, that people open jam or call for 17-21BB, and you are not yet involved in the action apart from posting a blind.

Hand 4 88
Min-raise instead of opening to 3BB, when your stack is this short. As played I call it off here. SB should be jamming wide trying to isolate MP+1 and win his bounty, and you put in almost 20% of your stack already. Even if MP+1 ends up scooping the main pot, you might win the side pot and survive in the tournament.

hand 3 is a fold pre

Hand 4: Let me start by echoing fundiver, you cant be 3x off of this stack size unless you know before you make the raise that you are jamming over any raise, or calling any jam. Otherwise you are losing too much on times when you have to raise fold and it is okay to raise fold... as long as your pre flop raise size is not too large.

Getting to the decision, know that if you lose to the initial jammer but beat the SB you will be about where you would be in chips if you fold as this juncture of the hand. So we should be focusing first on the initial jammer. We have to beat them no matter what to win the bounty and accumulate chips in the hand (yes I know the SB covers us but to me if we cant beat the initial raiser then this should be a pitch). What do we know about the initial raiser? They are jamming 10 BBs which is standard but based on the type of player they are 10 BB jamming ranges can actually vary quite a bit. The tighter they play the more it should make us fold. If they play looser with a normal stack the more we should want to call here. Some players wont jam 10 BBs unless they have A10+, and 77+ so not sure if this is one of those players, only you could know being at the table.

Then the SB comes into play of course since we lose to them we are out. Also depends on the type of player they are and their stats. They could be doing this loose but how loose is loose? Are they doing it with any Kx, doubt it. any pocket pair, doubt it but most of them. I would say 55+. My range for them right or wrong would be 55+, any ace and all broadways. That puts us at about 56%. Is that enough knowing if we beat them but lose to initial raiser we about break even in chips? I dont think so. To me this comes down to how tight is the initial raisers range since it is their bounty I am after. If I dont feel great about beating them then I wouldnt stick it in on a 56% chance to break even (obviously we would suck out some of the time when behind initial raiser but not counting that for simplicity). If the initial raiser is loose though and you think there are plenty of 22, A5 type hands in their range then I think you can go for the bounty and triple up considering at this point you are only risking 14 BBs.
#3 https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/82516XvzJ

#4 https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/82516Yfvr

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
#4 is a call
Rodkaibal was allin in hand #3 so lets not give him credit
and the utg allin prolly has ax and odds are they BOTH HAVE Ax