$1650 NLHE Deep Stacked: River Call or Shove

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA and 77 beat us... i dont see AA nor 77 betting the flop like that, because Hero flatted from the BB and you would expect him to 3bet AA or QQ... also I dont see why a set would check back the turn as you couldnt possibly be calling the flop bet w KJ especially since its rainbow excluding FDs.... i imagine a set to bet the turn and possibly check behind on an unimproved river...
--> I think we're ahead but I dont see any hand besides A7 calling a shove that we beat... also potentially villain could ve had a read on hero on the flop realizing hero hit big and therefor being tricky with AA...

--> I call... if hand is won you ve added 12700 chips to your stack being around 60bbs which is alot..

also at OP: you cant possibly reraise this without shoving..

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO people are getting really hung up on the buy-in here when they shouldn't be.

How many people change their answers if it's a $10 online tournament as opposed to a $1650 live one?

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do we have a hand conclusion here?

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do we have a hand conclusion here?

Our Hero thought for 30 seconds then shoved.... ran into AA and busted out. Later when he was discussing it with me he said (results aside) he was thinking about just calling. I said I thought it was close.

Very very strange line for villain with AA for sure though

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO people are getting really hung up on the buy-in here when they shouldn't be.

How many people change their answers if it's a $10 online tournament as opposed to a $1650 live one?

I know what you're getting at but you would expect the average player at the 1650 buy-in to be bigger than at a 10 dollar online tourney... which are often turbos compared to live... u would probably get called by a much wider range that you beat in the 1o dollar one..

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know what you're getting at but you would expect the average player at the 1650 buy-in to be bigger than at a 10 dollar online tourney... which are often turbos compared to live... u would probably get called by a much wider range that you beat in the 1o dollar one..

Yeah... not necessarily. I know $1650 sounds like a big number but it's not that big in live tournament terms and it certainly doesn't guarantee a higher standard of play. Look at the overwhelming number of donkeys that play in the $1500 events at the wsop.

And even if the standard is better, is it so much better that we need to be playing the third nuts scared? I think tenbob got it right back at the top - we can even expect the occasional spew from someone with AK in this spot.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO shove with fist pump/ shove and feel insane ZOMG and find a wait wat? thread