Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
Level 17 out of 22

UTG+1 stats after 128 hands played: VPIP 24 PFR 19 ColdCall 13 Post Flop AGG 7 and 3-bet 5

Against this player do you guys just call here? I decided to raise his c-bet since I do believe that this is a wet board and I want to protect my hands against any draws. And if he shoved on me I was happy to call.

GGPoker, Hold'em No Limit - 800/1,600 (200 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 11,930 (7 bb)
UTG+1: 98,631 (62 bb)
MP: 21,960 (14 bb)
MP+1: 22,356 (14 bb)
CO (Hero): 29,299 (18 bb)
BU: 36,913 (23 bb)
SB: 45,032 (28 bb)
BB: 33,164 (21 bb)

Pre-Flop: (4,000) Hero is CO with 2 2
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to 3,200, 2 players fold, Hero calls 3,200, 3 players fold

Flop: (10,400) T J 2 (2 players)
UTG+1 bets 3,432, Hero raises to 12,237, UTG+1 folds

Total pot: 17,264
CO (Hero) wins 17,264

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally, I would be folding pre-flop at this stack depth as you're not going to realise your equity often enough this short. Combine that with villains tightish stats, this becomes an easy fold.

As played, raising is absolutely the right play, but I actually prefer a shove. Betting 12.2 from your remaining 26.1k stack, just screams super strong, where as a more balanced play is to shove with your sets a long with your strong draws like KQd.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop: This is a fold with only 18 BBs unless you are at a table that you can jam and be fairly certain those behind will fold often and the initial raiser will fold as anyone you would go against pre flop all in spot would be flipping at worst with you should they call. So basically 99.9% of the time on this stack with 22 I am just folding when there is an opener in front of me.

Flop: We flop the set and there are two diamonds plus a straight draw possibility. If we were deeper I would advocate a raise not only due to the flush but also to build the pot, that maybe a 3rd diamond would kill action, worse could call due to odds, etc. Here at 18 BBs starting the hand I know once I flop this set I am never folding so I think (unless you have a villain that you absolutely know calls a lot) that I would be more willing to take risk to ensure a double up here so I would actually just call here knowing I am never folding turn regardless of card and pretty much always getting it in on the turn since we are in position.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Personally, I would be folding pre-flop at this stack depth as you're not going to realise your equity often enough this short. Combine that with villains tightish stats, this becomes an easy fold.

As played, raising is absolutely the right play, but I actually prefer a shove. Betting 12.2 from your remaining 26.1k stack, just screams super strong, where as a more balanced play is to shove with your sets a long with your strong draws like KQd.

this ^
.. pretty sure this is exactly how I would've responded to this post but you did it so now I'll just say 'this ^ '

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
As everyone have already said, this is an easy fold. Just want to add, that with this stack depth we dont have a calling range at all. Everything is played as a push or fold, and 22 is not strong enough to push against an EP open. The only reason to EVER consider a call here, is, if you have AA or KK and want to induce a squeeze, and you think, the players behind will not pick up on the fact, that you are setting a trap for them.

Flop
Once again others have said it already, but I dont like raising small here. It commits you to the pot, and therefore it literally screams strength. You can either jam or just call. The issue however is, that if you just call, pot is going to be around 17k, and you only have around 23k left. So I dont know, how often he is going to fire the turn again as a bluff, which is the main reason for slowplaying. And there are some potential action killing cards. Like maybe he has QhQs, and then the turn is Ad, meaning now he gets scared, and perhaps he finds a fold. So on balance I slightly prefer jamming over calling.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold pre
dunno why you bombing there on the flop. pretty much self induced action/ev killer

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as pre folding is the best option (BB could call with 22), when you hit your set on the flop, and opp raising in it, your stack only allowing going all-in here. The 3-bet is just too strong, and you could defend all of your Jxs, Flush draws, Straight draws like that, while you already just flopped a set. :)