$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $11$ NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Did I play correctly with KK?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why are you betting 800 into that pot on the flop? (what are you thinking there in that spot.... what is the point of the bet & why have you chosen that sizing?)

kolecgoclaw

kolecgoclaw

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These 800 was no sense!
I just had bad luck ... pair of kings and falls A
you have two options to check allin - rather pointless (is this ace) (wait for a miracle) or pass.
chose rightly.
* 800 you lost unnecessarily.

E

erlanditas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are you betting 800 into that pot on the flop? (what are you thinking there in that spot.... what is the point of the bet & why have you chosen that sizing?)

I chose this 3bet, because I was in early position and 1 guy(from earlier position limped)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I chose this 3bet, because I was in early position and 1 guy(from earlier position limped)
First you didn't 3-bet anywhere in this hand.
Preflop you bet which is fine, I prefer to bet a little less tho...
Player 5 plays it terrible pre....calling for about 36 % of his stack while he has less than 12 BB (I don't even count the antes) with all those people still to act behind.
He should push or fold.

However, your c-bet of 800 into an almost 16K pot is ridiculous.
With that ace on the flop, I wouldn't c-bet at all in a 4-way pot.
Anyways you have to call about 5K more to win a 22K pot, which is great if there's a decent chance player 5 would do this as a coldstone bluff or with middle pair.
I think however, there's almost 100 % chance player 5 has a pair of 10 or Ax in his holecards.
I choose for some damage control here and fold.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First you didn't 3-bet anywhere in this hand.
Preflop you bet which is fine, I prefer to bet a little less tho...
Player 5 plays it terrible pre....calling for about 36 % of his stack while he has less than 12 BB (I don't even count the antes) with all those people still to act behind.
He should push or fold.

However, your c-bet of 800 into an almost 16K pot is ridiculous.
With that ace on the flop, I wouldn't c-bet at all in a 4-way pot.
Anyways you have to call about 5K more to win a 22K pot, which is great if there's a decent chance player 5 would do this as a coldstone bluff or with middle pair.
I think however, there's almost 100 % chance player 5 has a pair of 10 or Ax in his holecards.
I choose for some damage control here and fold.

preflop is fine. unfortunately the A flops and in a 4 way pot it is extremely likely somebody holds one. your 800 flop bet is pointless. check fold the flop. maybe it will check around and you'll bink a King....that is about the best you could hope for.

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold .. there is no need either to bet on that board against 3 opponents or to call the shove from a short stacked player. Otherwise the hand was well played.

R

rocksolid124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played all around...nitpicking, but I probably raise the limp to about 3k instead of 3450, but your bet sizing wasn't bad there at all.

Really don't get the 800 lead out on the flop. It doesn't accomplish anything. As played, fold is gross but fine I guess. On the other hand, if the board came out Ad Td 4c (basically, my point is, if it didn't come out rainbow, but rather two diamonds or so), I think you kinda have to gross call the 5k jam, as you're getting about 4:1 to call a range which could include some flush draws and mid pair combos.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If flop was dry, u can call because villain only have 10bb, but he 3bet when in pot have after him 2 player, its look strong and i dont think what we have odds what call this shove,,,

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Otherwise just OK, except you lost additional 800 chips for no reason by mini-betting. Check(-fold) @ flop vs. so many players.

AlexandreDC

AlexandreDC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO, 2 moves: check-fold or c-bet the pot -call allin.