$11 NLHE Deep Stacked: 2-3 bet, fold to shove?

NiceNisus

NiceNisus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$11 NL HE Deep Stacked: 2-3 bet, fold to shove?

my read on Sosser is that he is a TAG player, haven't seen him play many pots, and this hand occurs:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 75 Ante (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
CO (t29648)
Button (t26748)
SB (t4196)
Hero (BB) (t21678)
UTG (t32065)
UTG+1 (t17574)
MP1 (t24689)
MP2 (t27224)
MP3 (t6982)
Hero's M: 13.76
Preflop: Hero is BB with 10
heart.gif
, 10
diamond.gif

3 folds, MP2 bets t1800, 4 folds, Hero raises to t4123, MP2 raises to t27149 (All-In)
Total pot: t9221

NiceNisus

NiceNisus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking I should have flat called, but interested in advice.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good play by MP2 here. With his stack size he has to either fold or shove, a flat call by him would be atrocious.

I don't like set-mining here as you'll be OOP the whole hand and even if you get a low flop how comfortable will you be that MP2 doesn't have JJ-AA. You either have to call-off here or fold. I'd lean to the fold with the read.

NiceNisus

NiceNisus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So do you like my 3 betting him from the big blind? or do you prefer folding/ if I 3-bet, then I should plan to call the shove

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the reraise preflop. If you were in position I would just flat but oop you just want to end the hand (of course not by you folding). Like jilly said the other guy played it well. When he pushed you have to fold. Wp by both of you but he just had the last bullet (if you get what I mean but I doubt it lol)

that's why position is so important

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If MP2 was a loose player then I'd snap call here but with your read I'd have to fold. It all depends on how wide a range you can put MP2 on, how many underpairs and how deep into broadway cards, connectors and gappers plus Ace-rag. With a TAG this late in the game I don't think you can put him on a range worse than 88+,ATs+,AJo+ which is what it would take to just get a flip.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your 3 bet is fine, but EZZZZZ fold to the 4 bet, MP2 shows great strength and has you crushed wayyy too much of the time.

Fold/

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So do you like my 3 betting him from the big blind? or do you prefer folding/ if I 3-bet, then I should plan to call the shove

Nono

Typical 3 bet hands are 99-JJ which can easily be folded to extremely strong 4 bets. Like i say in above post 3 bet is the right play and fold is the right play.

If we tank here and we re up against 22-99 we are very lucky.

And overs we are racing. Just chuck this away

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your read is he's TAG then don't 3-bet him, but if you 3-bet him, don't fold - pot is offering almost 3-2 on a call so we don't need anything anywhere near 50% to stack off here.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Nono

Typical 3 bet hands are 99-JJ which can easily be folded to extremely strong 4 bets. Like i say in above post 3 bet is the right play and fold is the right play.

If we tank here and we re up against 22-99 we are very lucky.

And overs we are racing. Just chuck this away

WHAT???? Is this a level??
terrible advice imo

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good play by MP2 here. With his stack size he has to either fold or shove, a flat call by him would be atrocious.

I don't like set-mining here as you'll be OOP the whole hand and even if you get a low flop how comfortable will you be that MP2 doesn't have JJ-AA. You either have to call-off here or fold. I'd lean to the fold with the read.

So we 3bet/fold? (< i think this is Terrible!) If HERO flats here pre it doesn't have to be for the sole intention of set-mining (obv doesn't have imp odds to set mine here)

Folding in Poker