11 mtt just baffled myself and i did it

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What everyone fails to realize is you have the better hand, dont we all aspire to the mantra "get all your chips in with the best hand"? If he has a bigger stack then yea, fold, but if you have him covered, esp if your avg if u lose, id take that every time.
You do realise that Stefanicov didn't know before hand what his opponent had, don't you? That's the crux of everyone elses arguement, that chances are you'd probably be behind here. And why would you not want to get all your chips in with the best hand if an opponent has more chips that you?

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do realise that Stefanicov didn't know before hand what his opponent had, don't you? That's the crux of everyone elses arguement, that chances are you'd probably be behind here. And why would you not want to get all your chips in with the best hand if an opponent has more chips that you?

What im saying is that ace high vs any random hand is a favorite. Stef had a read he was loose and defends blinds, and when I have a read on someone as a loose player id risk him not having ace high beat if I still have a good stack after that. With a player who has a bigger stack than me, I wouldnt call in this situation because a-6 isnt a hand to get knocked out of a tournament on. Some may say that makes no sense, but if I have a shot at getting a comfy stack which will get me to a final table, I cant see why you wouldnt take it. Dont buy in for more than you can lose right? Well if stef wins this hand (as she did) then she is in great position to not only cash, but win the tournament. If you lose the hand and have an avg stack, then its very easy to tighten up and get your money back especially since you have average stack.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What im saying is that ace high vs any random hand is a favorite. Stef had a read he was loose and defends blinds, and when I have a read on someone as a loose player id risk him not having ace high beat if I still have a good stack after that. With a player who has a bigger stack than me, I wouldnt call in this situation because a-6 isnt a hand to get knocked out of a tournament on. Some may say that makes no sense, but if I have a shot at getting a comfy stack which will get me to a final table, I cant see why you wouldnt take it. Dont buy in for more than you can lose right? Well if stef wins this hand (as she did) then she is in great position to not only cash, but win the tournament. If you lose the hand and have an avg stack, then its very easy to tighten up and get your money back especially since you have average stack.

ehem i have outie equipment not innie

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ehem i have outie equipment not innie

lol my bad, thought stef was short for a female name, I now feel like a total ass and have edited the post as to be correct with your equipment, you now have a free pass to call me a girl in one post if you would like lol

edit: scratch that, I cant edit it because I guess you cant edit a post unless its the last one you made? well now you get to make a post totally unedited about how I have the innie equipment lol

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hehe np :D

i shall the lady post for another occasion :eek: