10s???? what u do

mellyy85

mellyy85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
35 dollar buy in live tourney just got moved to a new table down to about 18 people out of 50 (6place)

blinds are 100 200

everyone started with 1k in chips kinda weird

me:3k

bb:3k

i look down at 10 10 and make it 700 to call the big blind looks at his hand and immediately moves all in and for some reason im positive he dosnt have an over pair so i call know he had aj ak or aq and he turend over aq i ended up losing and watched the rest of the touremnt blinds were only 400 800 when it got down to 6 players did i make a bad call with my 10's??

Afterlife000

Afterlife000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you made the right read, he had A Q. Good call, just bad luck, thats it.

mellyy85

mellyy85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the reason y im positn this is not to be like well u got unlukcy its to be like should i have folded know i was only about 60 40 favorite bec i thought i was the best player in the touermnt

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
imo , i would have folded even if i was positive he only had two over cards , i like my all ins to be with a much better hand, if you just felt like gambling then ok but just except that you'll be beat 40% of the time, if those are the correct odds. and if i was just ready to gamble then i would have went all in first.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with jay on this, I think that if I had a read on the player as having two overs to my PP, I would have folded and picked a better spot, he was looking to catch 1 of his six outs to two of yours, IMO his chances were much greater and he caught his out.
BTW, to get a more accurate picture, what position were you in? if EP, how many called/thought about calling(a slight pause).

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He needed one of six outs 5 times, you didnt need outs. Your hand was made. His chances werent much better at all. You were about 55% favourite.

Z

zxcvbnm123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no if you know he has aj,aq then you are 55% fav to win.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have probably called like you did if i knew my opponent had two over cards and hope to win the coin flip and go for the win. it wasnt the best call ever and yes you could have waited but it wasnt a bad call either.

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO = In my opinion.

For what it's worth I think you made the correct play

pezjb

pezjb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he is willing to put his whole stack in with AQ then you should be able to take him down later on. Fold.