$109 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $$109 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Hand that just happened in the $125k

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$109 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $$109 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Hand that just happened in the $125k

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 52/26/3

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 52/26/3

Lol villain has been a total spaz over 25 or so hands up to this point, got caught bluffing with J high to lose some of his stack. Do we fold on this river ever?

Merge - $0+$0.00|<> NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: 3,545.00
CO: 4,860.00
BTN: 2,414.00
SB: 4,950.00
BB: 8,570.00
Hero (UTG): 4,920.00
UTG+1: 5,996.00
MP: 4,870.00

SB posts SB 10.00, BB posts BB 20.00

Pre Flop: (30.00) Hero has K K

Hero raises to 80.00, fold, fold, MP+1 calls 80.00, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 60.00

Flop: (250.00, 3 players) 3 6 J
BB checks, Hero bets 187.00, MP+1 calls 187.00, BB calls 187.00

Turn: (811.00, 3 players) 3
BB checks, Hero bets 405.00, MP+1 calls 405.00, fold

River: (1621.00, 2 players) 7
Hero bets 810.00, MP+1 raises to 2,873.00 and is all-in, Hero ???

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not I and bet bigger on the flop. With that villain in the hand 3-way you can overbet this flop and then easily shove the turn.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably bet more on the turn if anything, the flop bet isnt that bad.

makes it easier to jam river..

if he's a spazz then I probably don't fold, he could be over valuing like AJ or something here :/

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did end up calling, just couldn't see folding to a spazz here and villain showed up with Ac3c to scoop.

River: (1621.00, 2 players) 7:club:
Hero bets 810.00, MP+1 raises to 2,873.00 and is all-in, Hero calls 2,063.00

MP+1 shows 3:club: A:club: (Three of a Kind, Threes) (Pre 32%, Flop 19%, Turn 95%)
Hero shows K:diamond: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Threes) (Pre 68%, Flop 81%, Turn 5%)
MP+1 wins 7,367.00

However to show his spazziness here was a hand shortly after with him:

Merge - $0+$0.00|<> NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: 7,512.00
BTN: 4,815.00
SB: 2,294.00
BB: 4,940.00
UTG: 5,717.00
UTG+1: 7,061.00
Hero (MP): 1,145.00
MP+1: 5,316.00
LP: 6,325.00

SB posts SB 15.00, BB posts BB 30.00

Pre Flop: (45.00) Hero has T:diamond: T:heart:

UTG raises to 102.00, fold, Hero raises to 1,145.00 and is all-in, fold, fold, CO raises to 7,512.00 and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (2437.00, 2 players) K:club: 7:club: 4:heart:

Turn: (2437.00, 2 players) 4:diamond:

River: (2437.00, 2 players) 8:club:

CO shows 2:spade: 2:diamond: (Two Pair, Fours and Twos) (Pre 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
Hero shows T:diamond: T:heart: (Two Pair, Tens and Fours) (Pre 82%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
Hero wins 2,437.00

I also managed to double up again afterwards with quad jacks against AK aipf so I did recover, sitting above average after the first break in this thing. Just wanted others input to see if maybe I was wrong in my thought process.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea never folding against a spaz. You don't even need 30% equity. Think he has enough Jx, counterfeited two pairs that he won't fold. C/C would be better than b/f.

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah c/c probably would have been the better line to take.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
b/c seems fine but bet bigger turn

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm never folding either against those stats and board

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given your read id probalby get it in quite light here, nice hand never folding

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bet smaller on the turn being as I've turned kings up and don't feel like I'm never really behind all that much at this point. I wanted to keep it a little smaller to keep drawing hands and Jx type hands around while not giving them too great of odds to draw. Although I can see the reason for betting more on the turn with the FD out there.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bet sizing on turn is fine in my opinion, since he is a spazz he may come over the top with air. where as bombing it with 3/4 pot or bigger just looks way to strong unless you want to have to barrel this size with air also also.

bet/calling river is fine as is the size, gives him the illusion of fold equity when he spazz jams

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet sizing on turn is fine in my opinion, since he is a spazz he may come over the top with air. where as bombing it with 3/4 pot or bigger just looks way to strong unless you want to have to barrel this size with air also also.

bet/calling river is fine as is the size, gives him the illusion of fold equity when he spazz jams

Yeah this was my thinking as the hand was in progress, I was hoping to get him to shove worse otr.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're leaving a lot of chips on the table if you always c/c in this spot

I am probably wrong. :( I am a noob

I think dwbrown's line is always a pretty strong hand on the river. I assume Spazzy does also knows this. Spazzy has 2 know dwbrown isn't folding much in this spot 2 a raise vs him on this board. Like dwbrown said he just had seen him losing a some of his stack bluffing with J high. So I think if Spazzy is raising the river here, I only see him doing this for value.

Because I think he is folding all his air, I go for the check call , so let him bluffs his air and maybe he even turns a hand with SD value into a bluff.

And I guess he only can call a riverbet with a Jx kind of hand. The longer I think about it the more I think betting is wasting chips.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also think spazzy is a very loose agressive but still a thinking player, and not a random spazzy, he used his image pretty well to get good value here.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the fact he bluffed on the river previously is why we call him spazz.

pros of betting.
he will call with hands he will check behind, given spazzy image he may even do this laughably light.
he will bluff raise a good % of the time as he hates folding
we will raise for value with hands that we beat and we will get his stack.

pros of checking.
we lose one less bet the few times he has us beat. (we beat more of his value range than we lose to)
he may bluff, but checking here he will often give up with his air as our line is almost always c/c after previous action and his image

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am confused now :D Going to think about it again tomorrow.

Last edited:
skltlf

skltlf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like a bad beat, his (villains) mind was probably "he has AJ" while your mindset is "he has nothing"

regardless, that was his strategy from the looks of it. take some chips off a bluff till he gets caught, then nobody will believe him when he has something.

i digress, i might've gone a bit heavier on flop myself, but then again, with the way villain plays (from what you said) he would've called anyway assuming YOU bluffed since you raised pre-flop. return bet if raised = all in, i doubt he would call, but in a 3 way situation, its unpredictable what he would've done. might've been drunk lol

L

LittleRaven009

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know, Ive read some local comments and all were about good river call. Maybe I am still unexperienced player, which is very possible cause Ive never played tournament with a such buy in. BUT I think I do know that these loose agressive players can exploit their image very well just in these spots. Making donk bluff with idea getting called in next bigger hands. His call preflop was OK considering his style and stack. Flop pair, just a call and see what happens next. Turns hit was good reason to make a bluff, but I think he had to know you have a strong just as supposed you would call this. You cant beat possible straight, possible full house, unlikely but still possible trey. You can only beat another sick bluff, which at least Im persuaded he wouldnt be able to do that Or a pair of jacks lets say. I dont think he would call two big bets and push all in with just a jack. Thanks for reading guys

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know, Ive read some local comments and all were about good river call. Maybe I am still unexperienced player, which is very possible cause Ive never played tournament with a such buy in. BUT I think I do know that these loose agressive players can exploit their image very well just in these spots. Making donk bluff with idea getting called in next bigger hands. His call preflop was OK considering his style and stack. Flop pair, just a call and see what happens next. Turns hit was good reason to make a bluff, but I think he had to know you have a strong just as supposed you would call this. You cant beat possible straight, possible full house, unlikely but still possible trey. You can only beat another sick bluff, which at least Im persuaded he wouldnt be able to do that Or a pair of jacks lets say. I dont think he would call two big bets and push all in with just a jack. Thanks for reading guys

In this spot in almost any BI of a tournament given villain's stats and play his range is heavily weighted towards missed FD's and AJ/KJ/QJ type hands by a fair margin.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this spot in almost any BI of a tournament given villain's stats and play his range is heavily weighted towards missed FD's and AJ/KJ/QJ type hands by a fair margin.

+1, Hero raised UTG, almost everyone except total fish raise sets on this flop. The turn pairing strengthens our hand.

D

David G

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah c/c probably would have been the better line to take.
Tough hand as played but I like this line, esp against spaz'z, as it gives him a chance to bluff and also costs us a lot less when we are beat. Now if you check and he overbet shoves that's pretty sick, and he might just do that, and I think we gotta tank if so and probably sigh fold with a lot of play left.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands