Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
Mystery bounty 5 lvl
we got 100bb 2x starting stack, rest table avarage 50bb, ony one villain with the same stack.

UTG hero KhQh 100bb, hero raises 2.5bb, CO (100bb) ( 28 vpip, 5% pfr 20, 3 bet 5%) calls, bb calls (25bb)

Flop 2hTh3d (9bb)

BB check, hero bets 5bb, Co calls, BB folds

Turn 6c (19bb)

hero?

How to play this hand on flop I thought about small sizing 33%, it is multiway and Co got nut advantage on this board, he got all sets, on turn, I was also thought about check, on turn should I keep bareling what sizing should I use or mayby check-call, mayby some crazy check raise? I think that sometimes I am getting lost in spots without position as aggresor.

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah this is tough, in my opinion. I'm not the biggest fan of over pairs. They leave you cornered. .pfffffffffffffffffff.............maybe toss out 1/3 pot and see what the villian does? I don't think checking is correct thats showing weakness and opportunity to push you out and possibly fold the best hand. This looks like one of those boards where any set makes sense and of course 45. Also possible draws of A4, A5 offsuit,. A5 suited you'd have gotten 3 bet. And any two hearts are on a draw.

So.. therefore I could even see half pot too. So anywhere from 1/3-1/2 to see where you are???

I dont know , im lost.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So.. therefore I could even see half pot too. So anywhere from 1/3-1/2 to see where you are???
This ^ is typically a bad reason for betting. ie. Villain raises here (with air)? ... or maybe he has set??

Partially villain dependent imo... but I still go with x/C

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This ^ is typically a bad reason for betting. ie. Villain raises here (with air)? ... or maybe he has set??

Partially villain dependent imo... but I still go with x/C
Maybe, i dont know. I know that good or bad a lot of people do it. You're not going to just lay it down at this point, its a strong hand. Like as in, if you check and he bets, your're calling unless its a over bet or all in. Too strong to check, but you dont want to get carried away wither. So, a moderate bet may be the ticket. You never know, you may induce a fold.

I just now noticed the stats for the villain. It seems hes tight passive. I'd bet on him having high cards. I now push more toward half pot bet or better. possibly as high as 2/3 now.

also, whats x/c???

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As played I would bet big on turn, 75% or more. Plenty of hands villain could have that might fold (77-99, diamond floats poss even weak Tx), call is not a disaster as sometimes we hit the flush or a K or Q. Of course it would suck to get raised but you can call depending on the pot odds.

(N.b. talking as a cash game player and not fully considering the bounties, I'm, though it's still early in the tourney...)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
C-betting or check-calling are both fine. Most likely solvers do a bit of both. Personally I usually C-bet most of my good draws.

Turn
If we are calling a bet with a draw, its often better to bet ourselfes, because in that way we get fold equity. So as played I continue here. As Station_Master say, there are hands, the Villain can fold out to a second barrel, even though this is not exactly a scarecard. Check-calling beats folding of course and take away the risk of getting raised. To be honest its not really that important, if you do one or the other. Assuming standard sizing of course. Facing some big overbet I prefer to check-fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe, i dont know. I know that good or bad a lot of people do it. You're not going to just lay it down at this point, its a strong hand. Like as in, if you check and he bets, your're calling unless its a over bet or all in. Too strong to check, but you dont want to get carried away wither. So, a moderate bet may be the ticket. You never know, you may induce a fold.

I just now noticed the stats for the villain. It seems hes tight passive. I'd bet on him having high cards. I now push more toward half pot bet or better. possibly as high as 2/3 now.

also, whats x/c???
check/ call

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the flop I definitely would heavily lean towards betting here and all JJ+ would bet here and never check so a check caps our range. I think you can and should be going much smaller though as 55% of pot is not getting 10x to fold nor is it always or even most of the time getting a 77-99 hand to fold. I like 3.75-4BBs here into a 9BB pot. Depending on what I know about the villain would determine how I would play the rest of the hand but Ill assume Im readless or relatively readless for the rest of the hand post flop.

Turn is a blank and this is where betting can get better to fold at times as mentioned by a few above. Ax flush draws will fold here sometimes if you make the bet large enough as will pocket pairs and maybe get 10x thinking about folding depending on villain. I think I would slightly tick the sizing up here to around half pot. That will get the hands to fold that I am targeting that have me beat as I have double barreled being an UTG opener so all overpairs are in my range here and those would not slow down on a suited board with some wheel wetness.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(N.b. talking as a cash game player and not fully considering the bounties, I'm, though it's still early in the tourney...)
As I understand it, bounties are not available in a mystery bounty event, until players are in the money. So until then it will play just like a regular MTT but with a bit less incentive to make it to the money with a short stack, since a min-cash is only half as large. So we are pretty much playing in chip EV mode, and with 100BB effective this is essentially just the same as a cash game hand.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are bluffing on the flop why would you stop on the turn when nothing has changed??

Full Flush Poker