Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
Currency
$
Unfortunately my hand is not accepted by Hand Converter:
I registered at the pokerstars $109 Bounty Sunday Million 1 minute before end of late registration, the field was already strong reduced.

$50+$50+$9 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (1250/2500) -
Seat 1: (58384 in chips, $50 bounty) is sitting out SB
Seat 2: (49153 in chips, $75 bounty) BB
Seat 3: (265117 in chips, $50 bounty)
Seat 4: (172886 in chips, $137.50 bounty)
Seat 5: (296219 in chips, $150 bounty)
Seat 6: erwisch (50000 in chips, $50 bounty)
Seat 7: (148962 in chips, $87.50 bounty)
Seat 8: (222754 in chips, $125 bounty)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
My first hand in this tourney is KK and I went all in although there were already two raises from players in early positions. Good Idea?
Dealt to erwisch [Ks Kd]
Seat 3: raises 2500 to 5000
Seat 4: raises 10000 to 15000
Seat 5: folds
Seat 6: erwisch: raises 34675 to 49675 and is all-in
Seat 7: folds
Seat 8: folds
Seat 1: folds
Seat 2: calls 46328 and is all-in
Seat 3: folds
Seat 4: calls 34675

What would have you done in this situation?, I started with 20BB in this tourney and saw a big chance to double or triple up and win a bounty.
or was it bad decision to go all in with two raises ahead ?

At the showdown the player Seat 4 had AK and, of course, there flopped an ace...
*** FLOP *** [3s Qc Ah]
*** TURN *** [3s Qc Ah] [9s]
*** RIVER *** [3s Qc Ah 9s] [8c]

Seat 4 shows [Ad Kc] (a pair of Aces)
erwisch: shows [Ks Kd] (a pair of Kings)
Seat 2 shows [Td Ts] (a pair of Tens)

I got busted against AK. Playing only 1 hand in a Sunday Million is a little bit less :(, but I wasn't that frustrated. Saved a lot of time...:ROFLMAO:

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Pretty much of a no-brainer to go all-in with KK for 20 BBs effective, even with a 3-bet in front.

Ideally, both have Ax and they have one fewer out.

Of course a shame the Ace had to appear.

Was there a big overlay or did you have a free ticket that you went in that late? 🤔

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is obviously, what happen, when you register with 20BB.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Was there a big overlay or did you have a free ticket that you went in that late? 🤔
No big overlay but I had a free ticket from the weekly German shootout. Would have been satisfied when I would have won just a bounty. Still one ticket left, next time I jump in very early...

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think what you're after is... should you have laid this down with that much action? The answer is no, especially not with 20 bigs. I don't normally play $100's or $50's, but I have played them. (My normal range is $30 buy in max.)People at those levels are pretty serious and under most circumstances your hand would have either been respected or you'd have singled it down to one player and had the best odds. I think this is just simply "one of those situations" where everyone had a hand. The solver seems to have an.....affinity, for pocket 10's. I know in most cases like this it actually says to make the call, and I have seen where it says to even lay down pocket jacks. Or at least strongly favors it. But AK, AA, and KK are always a call. Always. Queens are iffy. But not with 20 bigs.

I think what you're after is, should you have known you were either up against something big OR the simple fact that so many people are in the hand, someone either has to have AA or AK to call such a bet and should you have laid it down? I mean,... i get it......but, still no. This just sucks, Plain and simple.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think what you're after is... should you have laid this down with that much action? The answer is no, especially not with 20 bigs.
Exactly. It was a good spot, which just did not work out this time. And such is poker especially with only 20 bigs. If we are going to enter this late, we should ideally be prepared to fire multible bullets. If we are on a single bullet, we should not enter this late. Its also not great to enter late in a PKO, because some of the bounty money will already have been distributed. So unless the ticket was about to expire, OP could have found a better use for it.

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly. It was a good spot, which just did not work out this time. And such is poker especially with only 20 bigs. If we are going to enter this late, we should ideally be prepared to fire multible bullets. If we are on a single bullet, we should not enter this late. Its also not great to enter late in a PKO, because some of the bounty money will already have been distributed. So unless the ticket was about to expire, OP could have found a better use for it.
I too seem to gravitate to register late in MTT's most especially PKOs. Not sure if its 100% correct, but it seems to be at the very least a viable strategy and less time is wasted. You're either going somewhere with it or not.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands