$10 sitngo. little stack on bubble UTG. What to do w 55?

J

Jake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks:
* BB with 10775
* UTG with 4990
* MP1 with 11455
* MP2 with 7325
* CO with 19850
* BTN with 11170
* SB with 1935

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to UTG:5♣ 5♥
* * Sklansky group 6
Preflop:
* * Hero raises to 1,500
* * MP1 calls [1,500]
* * 5 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 5
* * Potsize: 3750
Flop:
* * 7♠ 3♠ 3♦

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

This was a 45 player sitngo on Full Tilt. 6 pay. I'd been playing well but was never able to get an average stack size....

Down to 7 players... I was second lowest stack. Blinds 250/500. I had about 5000 chips. I could make a case on the flop for folding, raising a little or shoving. I raise to 1500 and solid player behind calls. Rest fold. Flop 773. Shove?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definately have to shove now, but you shouldn't be raising to 1500 preflop. The real question here is whather to fold or shove preflop. with an m of ~7 at a quick guess, its really really tight on whether to ship or fold.

The maths probably tells you to shove it preflop but a fold is acceptable probably. but ye, as played shove now

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Into 6 players with 10BBs this is a pretty easy fold preflop.

With 5 BBs we would need to force a move and shove, if folded to in the SB we would shove because we only have one player to get through but I'm certain shoving isn't profitable in this situation. The fact there's a guy sitting with under 4BBs just reinforces this (though it's still a fold if we give that guy say a 5k stack)That said fold > shove > what you did.

As played shove the flop, it's a good flop for 55.

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why raise 3bb pre flop it should be an easy fold, you can wit for a better hAnd. But after seeing the flop, you should shove..most likely will be facing overcards

jokish123

jokish123

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Dorkus on this one...The play you made preflop was certainly the wrong move. A shove would of been better but ultimately the better play would of been to fold.

Your play puts you in a bad position. Raise 1500 takes away about a 3rd of your stack. If overcards were to come you would be forced to fold, leaving you with very little chips to do anything with. But luckily in your situation no overcards came..so the best thing to do(even though i thought your decision preflop was wrong) would be to shove all in and atleast try to steal. worst thing is that he calls and turns over a hand like AJ or AQ in which case you have pretty decent odds of winning the hand.

OneEyeLefty

OneEyeLefty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ditto, why put yourself in this spot? Let the small stack go out. Unless you wake up with AA or KK, let him go then get aggressive.

Lefty

J

Jake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the responses. FWIW I agree with the analysis. In my defense, the table was a little tight and I was seeing a lot of respect for raises, with players savvy enough to especially respect the UTG raise. I thought there was a chance I could poke at it, and either take it down, or if called still be able to get away with more chips than the other little stack. However, I said to myself after getting one caller, that I'd call if all three flop cards were <10. The 773 flop against one caller seemed perfect and I happily shoved.

Other player called w 66. IGHN.

K

kcirjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in first position you should have folded 55 the only way that hand wins really is if u hit another five and odds of that are against you. Play a hand like that later in position, after you put 1500 in and flop was that good for you you have to push. I believe if he had over pockets and you put nearly third of your stack in he would have reraised you expectn you all in so I think you are favored and ahead.