$10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Flopped Set vs Suited Overs

C

computerdude

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So busted out early in the 10k guaranteed.

Blinds 30/60
[ME] SB with 8 8, 2 limpers in middle position, I complete
[BB] Raises to 400
[UTG+3] CALLS
[UTG+4] CALLS
[ME] CALLS

Flop 2 7 8 rainbow
[ME] POT RAISE 1600
[BB] FOLD
[UTG+3] FOLD
[UTG+4] RAISES ALL IN 7500

I think about it... he doesn't have a flush, maybe an open ended straight, two pair, or possibly a lower set or a high pair... Either way I must be ahead of any draw.

[ME] CALL with 3200 left in my stack
[UTG+4] shows A9 of clubs

Runner runner clubs come out and I lose..... I have not gotten ITM in almost 2 weeks due to situations like this very early on in the game.... Was this a bad play? Was my thinking correct in figuring on that board I was way ahead? 2 weeks of nothing but suckouts is getting to me! Urghh

warturtle7

warturtle7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you were lucky someone was stupid enough to make such a bluff.
Also i wouldn't lead out here much less would i make it pot sized because it scares away lots of hands you are beating.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
flopping top set on a rainbow board, yes you were definitely correct in thinking you were way ahead, even up against an open ender we are still a 3:1 favourite, give me them odds and i'll shove every time.

D

DGOOD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very unlucky. Im guessing this was on Bovada? Ive had very similar experiences lately! Like AK suited vs. 75 off all in pre and he hits two pair. Thats just one of many... I wouldn't pot it after the flop though. You should try to get better hand to fold and weaker hands to call this doesnt accomplish that. I would bet around half pot to invite action or even check depending on how aggressive the other player is, but this stuff seems to happen alot on bovada. Just keep your head up you got it in good.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro tip: You aren't going to develop much as a player if you're going to make these ridiculous sympathy posts. Post in the badbeats section since clearly that's what you're after.

As played the donk lead pot bet is horrific. It was successful this time, but only because the villain spazed out.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Runner runner clubs come out and I lose..... I have not gotten ITM in almost 2 weeks due to situations like this very early on in the game....
This kind of statement is useless. For one thing, it's an exaggeration. Realistically, do you expect anyone to believe that a few suckouts are the only reason you haven't cashed in 2 weeks? There's also the matter of how many MTTs you've played during this time. The larger the number, the smaller the chance that the sole reason you haven't cashed is bad beats.

Was this a bad play? Was my thinking correct in figuring on that board I was way ahead? 2 weeks of nothing but suckouts is getting to me! Urghh
You got it in with the nuts on a board where the best the opponent could have was 8 outs. How can this possibly be bad? If you're asking this question seriously, you should be posting in the learning forum. If you're not, then I agree it belongs in the bad beat forum.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its fine, downswing sometimes happens, just sign up for the next tournament or if this often happens, it is better to take a break..

X at Tripaces

X at Tripaces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got it in with the best possible hand at that time. Thats all you can ever ask for. we have all hit runner runner, and been busted by runner runner before.. thats poker..