$10 NLHE HU Tourney: Flop decision with KT, do call a shove?

kingme620

kingme620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 NL HE HU Tourney: Flop decision with KT, do call a shove?

Most important thing about villain here was that he was min raising pretty light, and about as often as 3x raising. Besides that villain was overall pretty solid. Didn't respect my cbets all too much but gave me a little more credit oop like this.

He actually folded but the stack sizes are interesting on the flop. Do I call a push all in?

Stacks:
* SB with 1270
* BB with 4730

Blinds: 30/60
Site: pokerstars
* * Dealt to BB:K♥ T♥
* * Sklansky group 4
Preflop: SB raises 60 to 120 Hero raises 160 to 280 SB calls [160]
* * Potsize: 560
Flop: 7♠ 4♠ 6♣ Hero bets [350] ...villain shoves...Hero ???

kingme620

kingme620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either my question is rlly obvious or not many HU players lurk here lol

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hate the 3bet.. cbet is fine.. you cant really call. what can you beat here?

personally i play oop pretty conservative.. id probably just flat here, as it plays really well postflop, but i dont mind 3betting, but it needs to be bigger. your pricing him in to call with any two.

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol?
calling a shove with nothing are you serious? Besides unless if the villain has been erratically raising from the button, you shouldn't 3bet KTs, and even then you're OOP and he's getting good odds to call with any hand. Remember Heads Up(and holdem in general) is a postflop game, you don't need to extract value from every single hand right away. That kind of play you want to keep in store for very weak opponents.
The cbet? Well you can't put him on anything here, since he just called because he had pot odds. He could very well have a draw, a pair, an overpair, anything.
But really there's not enough info in your post to make any decision at all about cbetting or not.

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important thing about villain here was that he was min raising pretty light, and about as often as 3x raising. Besides that villain was overall pretty solid. Didn't respect my cbets all too much but gave me a little more credit oop like this.

He actually folded but the stack sizes are interesting on the flop. Do I call a push all in?

Stacks:
* SB with 1270
* BB with 4730

Blinds: 30/60
Site: Pokerstars
* * Dealt to BB:K♥ T♥

* * Sklansky group 4
Preflop: SB raises 60 to 120 Hero raises 160 to 280 SB calls [160]
* * Potsize: 560
Flop: 7♠ 4♠ 6♣ Hero bets [350] ...villain shoves...Hero ???

I would ckfold because that flop is way to draw heavy. Only thing your beating is queen high. I think your losing to, to many hands. I would push all in but in a different spot then that but if you do bet it should be all in. If you had king spades I would push

kingme620

kingme620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys..seeing what everyone said, I agree that I should of 3bet more. But I still think 3betting is fine here, because maybe I didn't make it clear but this raise happened frequently, with a pretty wide range. And if I don't cbet the flop I am sure he will fire a bet here. (He was aggressive and knew that I was cbetting most flops), and thats why I cbet. I also don't think this is a bad play given his read. I am not c/f this.

I guess since I had to ask whether I should make this call or not, I was not sure enough in my read to call. So I should of folded. But given the right read I think a call here is ok.