£10 NLHE: ££10 NLHE: live 27 man Tourney, AJ facing flop reraise

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
£10 NL HE: ££10 NL HE: live 27 man Tourney, AJ facing flop reraise

Ok blinds 100/200, my stack is 12000 his stack is 15000, AJo, no limpers and raise it to 700. BTN calls and blinds fold and the flop comes QT8 rainbow. I c-bet 1100 and he reraises to 3300. I call, and the turn is an Ace. I check and he shoves his remaining stack intothe middle.

Notes: He's a really good friend and I know he hardly ever bluffs. I ask if he has a set of tens and he says no and stares away from me.
I suspect he has the ace beaten so can only really recognise 8 outs for the river

I go into the tank until the clock is called on me lol and then:
[ ] call
[ ] fold
??

I lean towards the fold here, what about anyone else?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can probably raise smaller amounts preflop, live may differ a little from online, but im still pretty comfortable putting in smaller raises, especially when we're deep stacked, have a lot more room to move postlfop.

You c-bet is a decent size, it may be a flop we can check on, we don't want to be c-betting this type of flop a huge % as it's probably likely to hit a bad players raise, hands like QJ, KQ, JT all look good to a novice (i'm assuming he is bad, btw)

So you know he rarely bluffs. Staring away from the flop is usually (correct me if im wrong live players!) an indication of strength. Usually opposites for bad players, like acting strong is weak etc. Now calling the flop is kind of bad i think, we have 12000, -700 - 1100 so around 10k left, with 2200 more to call, we simply arn't getting the correct odds to peel for the stragiht, and we never know if a jack or Ace is good. it's a flop fold for me, or if you really want to play, then shove? dont know fi that is a good move considering reads.

So you probably shouldn't have got to the turn, but now were here, we hit our ace, i have no idea if it's good or not, i'm probably calling, but the real mistake is made earlier in the hand, both preflop and on the flop.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think pre flop is a mistake, as its the kind of tourney where if you didnt raise it big preflop you'd have 4-5 limpers. I do agree that i should have given up on the flop though. He's not a bad player, but fairly tight and will usually give up if he misses

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it's not a big deal, i'm just nitpicking. 3.5x is probably alright in a live game.

Organize a Home Poker Game