$10 NL HE STT: Back to back hands with AA - the importance of SPR and board texture

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
  2. Turbo
Currency
$
These two hands happened back to back in the first blind level of a 10$ 9-man KO SnG on pokerstars. The first hand was a singleraised multiway pot, and the flop was very coordinated. Even so the preflop raiser could not help stacking off with his AA, and as will usually be the case in this situation, he got his chips in very bad. In the very next hand I had AA preflop, 3-bet and got action from the very same player, who had just cracked AA. However this time the SPR was lower due to the 3-bet, the 3-bet had thinned out the field, and the board was less coordinated. So I was happy stacking off AA and got a very different result against the same player :)

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
These hands are an example of what happens in many tournaments in the early stages. They call with trash hands and pay hard with every hit and draw until the river. In the first hand, the preflop call from BB is still the most understandable due to the stack size and the pottodds.
The preflop call after the raise in the second year is probably another typical GoDog call (go-deep-or-go)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The preflop call after the raise in the second year is probably another typical GoDog call (go-deep-or-go)
In the second hand its kind of difficult to understand, what hand he can have to call my 3-bet, call my C-bet, donk lead turn and then fold to my jam with so little left behind. Must have been a complete airball or maybe even a misclick :)

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand the first hand. He was BB and he needed to call just 2 BB, if he loose he will remain with another 70 BB

But the second hand... Maybe he got a straight draw on the flop, or a small pair and hopped that you don't have anything, or maybe he just tried a bluff. Anyway, strange hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But the second hand... Maybe he got a straight draw on the flop, or a small pair and hopped that you don't have anything, or maybe he just tried a bluff. Anyway, strange hand
Yeah I was definitely not expecting him to fold. He was getting 5,7:1, so if he had any piece of the board like even just a draw or bottom pair, he was getting the right odds to put in another 467 chips and see the last card. And if he had absolutely nothing like just two overcards, then what was he hoping for, when he called me on the flop? Makes absolutely no sense, but of course I was happy to take it down and almost dubble up :)

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd be really scared with the AA tho in the first one. Sets, straights, flushes, every single combination which beat the Rockets just seem to be appear on Flop. So probably on the calling&praying side, not 3bet on flop. :D

The second one the same opponent simply went mad, out of position only making a flat call several times, fireing and fold there. This person seems to be very LAG on this one hand itself. :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands