$1 NLHE STT: What do you do with QQ when you suspect you are against QQ KK AA or AK

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 NLHE STT: What do you do with QQ when you suspect you are against QQ KK AA or AK

It is beggining of 45 sit n go table seems to be quite loose and players of low quality.
SB: t1741 M = 21.49
BB: t1604 M = 19.80
UTG: t1873 M = 23.12
UTG+1: t1444 M = 17.83
UTG+2: t1518 M = 18.74
MP1: t831 M = 10.26
MP2: t1610 M = 19.88
Hero (CO): t1279 M = 15.79
BTN: t1600 M = 19.75

Pre Flop: (t81) Hero is CO with Q of diamonds Q of hearts
UTG raises to t90, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls t90, 1 fold, MP2 calls t90, Hero raises to t300, 1 fold, SB raises to t600, 4 folds,

Do you 5-bet all in , fold or call and if no queen falls check ?

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cant call here,is shove or fold. I will not fold QQ here,shove and go for it

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SB range is probably much wider than AA KK AK - probably 99+ AQ+ KQs are in there. It's also a very weird bet size based on action and stacks. With stack sizes calling is the worst thing you could do so shove or fold but, imo, shove.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This small 4bet look very strong, in mttsng need fold i think you already far behind and playing on whole stack when in game still many players will be mistake, also early blinds you have playabble stack.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you suspect you are up against QQ KK AA or AK you fold but describing the table as 'quite loose' and players 'of low quality' would seem to make that not the case.

X

xxMorpheusxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really depends as someone else says readless I think it's a fold here. It's highly likely that we're flipping at best and most likely behind the SB. But if the player quality is bad as you say I could see it possibly being a call. Particularly if the SB is a fish.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a 1 dollar sng and there are lots of fishes in those sit and goes. i dont think you should be folding queens in this spot. i dont really think villains had aces or kings otherwise he would just shove all in instead of raising to 600. for that reasons i believe its an easy shove because this player can have 99,10 10,jj ak,aq, kq or even a weaker hand like kj or k10, ak or a10... only if you already know that villain is a solid player you might consider folding otherwise is an insta shove.

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold? lol

snap 5bet shove and be happy about it. This is a $1 sng, we have no reads that back up that this is only a play for KK+ AK. You have stated it's a field filled with fish so i see no reason to justify folding since we have already invested 300 of our stack into an already sizeable pot.

He will have KK+ AK here a decent amount btw, but at this level he will also show up with a very large amount of 99+ and other really weird hands that we crush to make up for it.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1 NLHE STT: What do you do with QQ when you suspect you are against QQ KK AA...

Why put him on QQ? Combinations wise it's the least likely of the hands he could be 4 betting with and the bottom of his range IMO. But you can't just call fold QQ here. You need to make a read. If he seems a little lost goody then shove. If this is the first time you've heard from him in 50 hands them I'd fold without hesitation.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why fold here? At the very least, you have to call.

By the conditions you mentioned above, dont hesitate and just put all the money at the center.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why put him on QQ? Combinations wise it's the least likely of the hands he could be 4 betting with and the bottom of his range IMO. But you can't just call fold QQ here. You need to make a read. If he seems a little lost goody then shove. If this is the first time you've heard from him in 50 hands them I'd fold without hesitation.
I'm going to stop using my smart phone for replying to threads. Using the CC App on my iphone the title of this thread reads What do you do with QQ when you suspect you are against QQ Which is why I was wondering why you would put him specifically on that hand. Now that I'm at home and can read the full title the post makes a lot more sense.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok i think i have a few good reasons that tells me one would rather shove here than folding this.

1. Looking at the \\//stack sizes\\// i am sure the starting chips were 1500, we have about 40bb before the hand started. We have already committed 10bb with a premium hand. If we fold this in no time we will be left with less than 20bb at the next blind level.

2. If villain has AA or KK we this would be a \\//cooler\\//but otherwise villain could also do this raise with AK or even a worse pair. In either case we should shove.

3. This is a Sit n go and not a mtt.

4. We are nowhere near the bubble. :)