$1 NLHE STT: Suited one gapper - flush draw - how to proceed?

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6-Max

Seat 9: atlanta0 (1200.00 in chips)
Seat 8: Ravage66 (1160.00 in chips)
Seat 7: EKOTREN (1290.00 in chips)
Seat 6: snookie77 (1200.00 in chips) - Big Blind
Seat 5: ryanmcg21 (1160.00 in chips) - Small Blind
Seat 4: Frozencola (1190.00 in chips) - The button
ryanmcg21: posts small blind 10.00
snookie77: posts big blind 20.00

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to atlanta0 [8d 6d]
EKOTREN: folds
Ravage66: raises 60.00 to 60.00
atlanta0: calls 60.00
Frozencola: calls 60.00
ryanmcg21: calls 50.00
snookie77: folds

*** FLOP *** [Jd 10s 5d]
ryanmcg21: checks
Ravage66: bets 260.00
atlanta0: ???

Is it correct to just flat here or would you suggest raising?

No reads.

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i may be a bit of a nit, but i would fold here.

that's a full pot bet open with 3 people to go in after. you have about a third chance of hitting your flush...by the end the river. A good number of people know not to cbet with wet boards like this with air. this indicated they hit a hand of some sort. So what do you do if a non diamond hits then turn (80%ish chance) and they or someone else bets it for value, or villain gets reraised on the flop?

I may be guilty of looking for reasons to fold (I likely fold too often), but I see too many here to continue.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold in flop, you not have right pot odds order to call this bet villain....

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call here and hope to hit.

If it doesnt hit on turn, I will surely fold right away.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're not willing to play on this flop with this type of hand then just fold it preflop...

i would normally fold this preflop unless i had a good reason to get involved, if i'm multitabling i fold this preflop pretty much always we never make much on this call esp if we don't know what to do here on one of the better flops out there for us.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold it preflop!

As played: you basically do not have calling opportunity which leaves you 2 opportunities fold or raise! Since it is Early stage i personally prefer fold here!

Note that if you decide to jam postflop never fold (since you are pot commited)!

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can call if you know players behind you will also call, but it's pretty iffy situation no matter what really, since the ev we get here is less than raising from say the button at blinds 200/400. Basically you would be better off raising 1-2% more in late position with large blinds and folding these types of spots, especially if you ever want to multitable.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like a call here just because of the bet size that the villain makes.

It is a pot size bet. If you call and miss the turn then you'll have to fold to a bet.
If you complete our flush on the turn you might not necessarily get any value as there is a good chance villain might shut down or check fold.

So raise or fold is what i would suggest but do not flat call. :icon_pira

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre surely? It's the first level of a S&G, we don't close the action, and we have a trash hand. Then OTF, someone has bet pot multi way, this is why we should fold pre to avoid these spots and throwing away our equity before the tournament has even begun. As played fold flop.

Full Flush Poker