$1 NLHE STT: Just Unlucky with the Kicker ?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vs an UTG range you will be dominated by bigger aces a fair bit, so best to just let it go preflop.

once you go postflop, flop call is ok if we are planning to take control on turns with bets if he checks, for the most part we both missed this flop. once the ace flops on the turn, we still can be dominated by bigger aces, so raising him really doesn't accomplish anything apart from getting him to fold worse hands. So just call and call rivers, keep it cheap and keep all of his bluffing range in.

two things happen when we raise, he either folds and we have just bluffed with the best hand, or he calls, and there isn't very many worse hands that we get value from, for the most part we will just be value owning ourselves with better aces and as mentioned above, folding out of all his bluffing range.

X

xxMorpheusxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're still really deep so it's fine to call with suited aces especially when it's a min raise. I would suspect that a lot of other players are gonna come along.

However., at the micros I'm not thinking about putting moves on players. I think sure he's betting 100% of his range post. But do I really wanna get into a coin flip when I know he isn't gonna fold.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold flop and that's all, it makes no sense to play against weak players with marginal hands on hard board when early stage, you can make a lot of mistakes.

c-bet 100% and t15/t30 Blinds + t4

It's funny comment, you have not enough sample hands to look at this stat :D

Last edited:
W

Wickedestjr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know you said not to comment on the pre flop call, but I think it was a mistake. Even if UTG is out of line, I don't think A7s is strong enough from middle position.

Post flop; If UTG c-bets 100% of the time, that's not a reason to call the flop bet. UTG he should be raising pre-flop with big aces and big pairs - you are a huge underdog to all of these hands with a 992 flop. If you do call an UTG pre-flop raise with A7s, you should be looking for a 7 an A or a flush draw on the flop - you got none of that, so you should have folded there.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As requested; I'm not going to tell you whether or not you should call or fold with A7s preflop vs. an UTG raiser.

But I AM going to ask you: when you make that call what is your plan? which kinds of flops are you looking for?

What range are you putting your opponent on?

What are you hoping to accomplish when you raise the turn?

These are the kinds of things you need to be thinking about all the time in poker hands. train yourself to ask yourself these types of questions.