L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2793723
no reads on opponent
Preflop: I have position and I guess I am dominating limper range so I want to isolate.

Flop : Utg1 says he somehow connected to the flop. From my experiences DONKBET in HU pot is a steal attempt or 3rd or 2nd pair. but in multiway pots it might be even top pair or better.
In his limping range there will be many Ax, so it is likely that he will call my raise.

are there any reasons to just call on the flop ?

He bets 180 I raise to 400. What do you think about the size of my raise?

He than goes all in , I am only beaten by 99 TT AA . and there are many hands that I am beating, so i guess it is an easy call.

What do you think of my thinking process , was it good play ?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ATo not the best hand that you can to isolate limper from MP, just fold this hand..

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ATo not the best hand that you can to isolate limper from MP, just fold this hand..

I know, it is the bottom of my openning range. What range would you propose?.

I have an edge over opponents I guess i am making better decisions post flop therefore I should be playing many hands against weaker players, because they will pay for my value hands. Isn't this right .?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's fine imo, horizon is just a nit ;) Though i get where he's coming from, it's not exactly a hand we're generally wanting to play for stacks when we hit top pair only postflop.

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I get it, my stack size is too big to feel comfortable if i hit TPTK so, and i can only play small or medium pot, is that what you try to say ?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I get it, my stack size is too big to feel comfortable if i hit TPTK so, and i can only play small or medium pot, is that what you try to say ?

yeah, but it's still a fine open imo. You just have to be a bit careful to not overplay it postflop in a lot of spots. But if the limper wasn't there we would be opening the pot, so i fail to see why some limper stops us from raising apart from we know we won't be able to take the pot preflop, which isn't a big deal since we rarely take pots preflop in low limit games.

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes well played and you have a good grasp of the game my friend.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars