$1 NLHE HU Tourney: wanted to go allin with fullboat

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 NL HE HU Tourney: wanted to go allin with fullboat

is there anything i could do here ?did i play the fullboat right?

Table Information
Seat 1: villain ($1,085)DealerSeat 2: Hero ($1,915)Small BlindDealt to Hero
5C.png
AC.png

Preflop (Pot:45)
CALL villain $15
CHECK Hero
Flop (Pot: $60)

AD.png
6C.png
6H.png

CHECK Hero
CHECK villain
Turn (Pot: $60.00)

AD.png
6C.png
6H.png
6S.png

BET Hero $30
CALL villain $30
River (Pot: $120)

AD.png
6C.png
6H.png
6S.png
2C.png

CHECK Hero
BET villain $60
CALL Hero $60

Last edited by a moderator:
SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have lost more money IMO.

Heads up, when you have A/x on a A/6/6/6/x board and you check/call the river. Nothing else you can do to get out cheaper, except fold the river, which is a mistake.

I'm re-raising that river every time. I figure either we split or he calls with a King or a smaller full house.
In fact, I'd be happy to stack the river.

smallteene

smallteene

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it right, there was no way I thought it was going to be a 6 that he was going to turn over.

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when he called on the turn,i thought "no one can call this board.!!!!"
he should have the quads and he does not want to scare me off.

i dont know, like i beat this guy and at low limits, i am starting not to play if i really dont have nuts...

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. Like Savage said, you should've lost more money in that hand.

I'm seeing a bit of a pattern here though. You have to stop reading anything into people calling your minbets... actually wait, wind that back. First, you have to stop just minbetting. Especially when you have a hand - you want to be building the pot, not keeping it small.

That aside though, you really can't read anything from the villain's turn call because the bet was so small. He can legitimately have ATC at this stage.

And that said, you're just throwing value away by flat calling the river. A very, very small percentage of the time villain will have 6x for the immortal nuts or AA for a better boat than yours. You really can't infer that from the action up to that point though - in fact, I'd probably discount it based on the villain's play.

A bit more of the time he'll have Ax and you'll split the pot. Since this is a tournament you're not losing out to rake so go ahead and get everything in. Even more of the time though villain will call you with a lower boat and you'll either take a huge chunk of their stack or win the match there and then.

Turns out you were right in this particular hand but you cannot make a habit of doing things like this HU. Legitimate monsters don't come along anywhere near often enough for us to give up this kind of value.

Oh and again, pls don't post results if you want meaningful analysis.

RI_ER_SA

RI_ER_SA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, you have to stop just minbetting. Especially when you have a hand - you want to be building the pot, not keeping it small.

I am so afraid of people calling me and catching cards and cant pull myself back out as i am pot commited.

i am turning from aggresive player to passive-tricky player.

* my game changes so much that i really not know what i am doing anymore.But the thing is when i watch wsop or HSP i guess they only show the action hands not the boring ones, but i soon realize the money saved at bad times are life savers...

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trouble is, there was nothing tricky about that hand. You slowplayed the ace, failed to build a pot and then at the end, when the time came to jump out and yell "Hah tricked you, eat my full house!" and raise you just called the small bet.

You're not playing passive tricky. You're just playing passive and, like I've said in the other threads, against all but a select few opponents that's just bad in heads up because anyone with half a brain will catch on that:

1 - You're not betting much, so they should run a mile when you finally put in a reasonable size bet.

2 - They can bluff you a lot more often than they could an aggressive player and take down a lot more uncontested pots. Or...

3 - You're calling down an awful lot, so they can value town you any time they flop big. And:

4 - You make it very cheap for them to draw against you, so their implied odds hands (suited connectors etc) go up in value because you won't charge them much to draw and you'll still pay them when they hit. That's win-win for them and lose-lose for you because you make next to nothing when they miss and lose a medium size pot when they hit.

Maybe aggression isn't the be-all and end-all of HU play but it's a very VERY important part of it. You can't just cut it from your game and still expect to profit in the long run.

ljove

ljove

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shold always raise preflop hands like this one.You don't want to play against some little cards.What he has A6?