*** FLOP *** [2h][Kd][4h]
Hero bets t175, BTN calls t175

POT: t675
*** TURN *** [2h][Kd][4h] [10c]
Hero bets t315, BTN calls t315

POT: t1,305
*** RIVER *** [2h][Kd][4h] [10c] [8h]
Hero checks, BTN bets t550, Hero ???

Only about 30 hands in, don't have any significant information about villain. My bet sizes are poor here I think, I should probably just be bombing flop and turn. However, villain's sizing on the river seems really fishy. I only have 900 behind in a pot of 1,305, so shouldn't any real hand just shove?

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your bet sizing on the flop is off and giving villain odd to call.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played it fine.

Preflop: Opening KQo 6 handed is standard from any position.

Flop bet size is more than half the pot, he does not have odds to call with a flush draw (doesn't mean he didn't, but at least you didn't give him odds).

Turn bet size is also fine. Sometimes I will check back the turn for pot control but on this wet board I think the bet is best, and I think your bet size is fine. I would have bet probably half the pot, so like 350 but you're Still denying proper odds to the flush draw so it's fine.

River: The check is good. if you triple barrel here when the flush completes you're never getting called by worse. I think you have to check/call here and not be too happy about it. SOmetimes he'll have AK/KT or a set and sometimes he'll have a flush. But other times he'll have worse kings or bluffs. Also, AK would likely 3bet preflop or raise on the turn and a set would also likely inflate the pot at some point. You're not winning an awful lot on the river, but given the size of the bet you only have to win like 40% of the time. And the pot is big enough to be worth winning. crying call.

my guess, FWIW is that he had KT and got lucky.

Last edited:
Full Flush Poker