$1.50 NLHE: Should I have lead out? Fold now? Shove?

PNJs_dad

PNJs_dad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.50 NL HE: Should I have lead out? Fold now? Shove?

Full Tilt Poker Game #18106230830: $200 Railbirds.com Guaranteed (135434935), Table 1 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:18:57 ET - 2010/02/01
Seat 2: Passion_play (3,200), is sitting out
Seat 3: I Eat Skittles (465)
Seat 4: fold intern (3,745)
Seat 5: RoadBob (5,050)
Seat 6: DYDIME (7,945)
Seat 7: PNJs_dad (2,440)
Seat 8: pbh6969 (1,940)
Seat 9: jimbeam77 (3,105)
DYDIME posts the small blind of 80
PNJs_dad posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PNJs_dad
card_Js.gif
card_Td.gif

Passion_play has returned
pbh6969 folds
jimbeam77 folds
Passion_play has 15 seconds left to act
Passion_play raises to 320
I Eat Skittles folds
fold intern calls 320
RoadBob folds
DYDIME folds
PNJs_dad calls 160
*** FLOP ***
card_Jh.gif
card_7c.gif
card_5d.gif

PNJs_dad checks
Passion_play bets 800
fold intern has 15 seconds left to act
fold intern folds

what now? Villain plays about 20% of hands and had been loose at times. Also I'm interested in seeing arguments for and against leading out here. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what now? Villain plays about 20% of hands and had been loose at times. Also I'm interested in seeing arguments for and against leading out here. Thanks!

I'm sure there are better coaches than me to come but without knowing his PFR% or AF but assuming your gut was telling you, your behind, I would not have checked. I would have bet out to get a sense of where I was at in the hand. With 720 in the pot, a bet of like 312 would either let you see another card or the RR would tell you its time to take your toys & go home.

:tee:

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Frankly I fold this preflop, if they were suited then maybe call but really 5.5-1 odds isn't enough to be mixing it up here.

With your read on the opponent you have to expect a c-bet on a dry board so you have to decide if you want a blocking bet to try and get a free river (but only card you'd be happy to see is another J) or to check/fold here as TP-mehKicker isn't the hand to do battle with. AJ,KJ,QJ fits very well into a MP min-raise.

T

tonitza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
u were OOP, against that kind of opponent, i really folded it preflop.
if villain is a good poker player he will always make a c-bet when 2handed IP against an overprotective bigblinde. !

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we're calling pf (I agree w Jilly and everyone else that this is a fold pf), this is an outstanding flop for us - top pair, flop unlikely to have hit Villain's range. Folding here having called pf would be bad.

But our situation is truly lousy. Our M pf was 10 and we've now put in two bb's, deepstacked I think we should be looking for a cheap showdown but here we can't afford to simply call (as played, I shove rather than fold and hope he can't stand the heat - i.e., hope his cbet wasn't a J or an overpair).

In regard to possibly making a donk bet - what does a donk bet accomplish here? If he calls, are we shutting down on the turn? If he raises, are we calling? If he folds, great, we had the best hand - but then we could've picked off his cbet by check/raising.

All of this, though, is why it really should be a fold pf - we got a very nice flop for our hand and we're considering folding - blech.

PNJs_dad

PNJs_dad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks alot for the comments. I'm thinking that i'm playing too loose and passive. Gonna have to improve.

Folding in Poker