$1.50 NLHE MTT: Checked to on river, action?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An interesting spot arouse. I opened up UTG with 7'7s and get called by this guy (He has called my UTG bets before and folded to c-bets)

When he leads out here, I think, ok min bet "could" mean anything here and when the turn is another King I'm kind of happy he min bets again. I'm almost sure he doesn't have a King but either a nine or flush draw. I re-raise him and expect a fold, but he snap calls me here. Now I'm in a horrid spot because I'm thinking maybe he does have a king he is slow playing but surely just ships it to me on the turn?

Anyway, so the board pairs whats our action? I don't like checking to showdown because he wins with his pair of nines and obviously I win with his missed flush draw, but I'm unsure as to if checking is right here or just shoving is best? I'm almost positive with his check on the river he doesn't have a king and most certainly doesn't hold a three..

My gut instinct is that he had a nine and that's why he called my turn bet as it's likely I don't hold a King here when it turns another King. Can I get him of a nine if I shove the river? I'm unsure as if I have any show down value with my pair..but not sure if he calls of a nine either if I shove. I think I could well do, as only a King beats us here..

I dont think betting half pot or 3/4 pot is any good as he's getting good odds to call of his nine right? Arrrg I hate these spots, need to just start shoving any pair PRE and be done with it ;)

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 800/1600 Blinds 150 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 (t8166)
CO (t12544)
Button (t9805)
SB (t45255)
BB (t77544)
UTG (t173672)
Hero (UTG+1) (t46490)
MP1 (t62388)
MP2 (t16773)

Hero's M: 12.40

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7
heart.gif
, 7
spade.gif

1 fold, Hero bets t3520, 6 folds, BB calls t1920

Flop: (t9190) K
heart.gif
, 9
spade.gif
, 3
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t1600, Hero calls t1600

Turn: (t12390) K
club.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t1600, Hero raises to t8000, BB calls t6400

River: (t28390) 3
diamond.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero ??

Thoughts?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is pretty close to a fold pre

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a fold pre, My range of pocket pairs is probably TT+ in this spot. 99 is close.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the pre flop action thoughts.

Thoughts on river once checked to us?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd check it back but I'd likely not raise the turn

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd check back river. You won't see enough folds to justify a shove. What hands does he raise/call turn with and fold river that your not ahead of? He has busted draws and hands that beat you. You may as well check back as he won't call with those busted draws and he probably calls with the rest of his range. I don't see any point in bluffing at river.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I open 88 from MP+1, 99+ from UTG+1 and TT+ from UTG unless I have table specific reads that let me get away with doing it lighter.