*** TURN *** [7c 6s As] [9s]
Tutuotlw: checks
angel.hdzz: bets 2500
Tutuotlw: calls 2500
*** RIVER *** [7c 6s As 9s] [7d]
Tutuotlw: bets 4540 and is all-in
angel.hdzz: calls 4540
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Tutuotlw: shows [4s Ts] (a flush, Ace high)
angel.hdzz: shows [7h 7s] (four of a kind, Sevens)
angel.hdzz collected 19730 from pot

Last edited:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying to piece this together so I could be wrong on some stuff. Looks like you have 9000 in chips to start the hand which would be 18 BBs and you are dealt 104 suited. This is a fold off of many stack sizes but especially 18 BBs. Way way too low on the hand spectrum to get involved much less just to limp in. I guess we could always attempt to blind steal with any two cards if the situation is correct but there is no mention of that. So this is a very easy fold pre imo. You get min raised and then called and then getting a good price to continue so after making the mistake of limping you kind of have to call as you did facing the min raise.

You flop a flush draw and check to the raiser which is good. You get bet at but a small amount. You are getting the right odds to just call but check raising being we are short is not a bad play either. Depends on if villain c bets a lot since they could likely have an ace and never be folding. I think calling is fine since calling gives the proper odds straight up (looks like 4 to 1 to me) so calling is fine. I think if the board was 67K instead of 67A I would slightly prefer just jamming it in.

On turn we get the flush and villain bets into us for what I think is 1/3rd our stack. This is a jam spot since you are committed to calling river now imo and any 4th spade could beat you or in the very least deter action on the river so you should just get your chips in now and hope they call.

River is a cooler and with the board pairing reduces the strength of your flush. I would not jam here as villain will definitely fold anything that we are beating unless it is some random 7x that is not 77 and I dont think villain bets the turn the way they do with just 7x. This should be a check call as played but we should have never got to this spot in this way since our chips should have been in on the turn with a check jam. You still would lose the hand as villain would never fold a set (I dont think) on the turn and would have quaded river being already all in but we have to look at this hand as what is the best way to play it if we got to play it a million times and just calling the turn in the long run is not as good as jamming the turn given our stack depth.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Easy fold. But once you made the mistake of limping, you have to call the min-raise. Which by the way is very silly sizing by the opponent. He should either limp behind or make a real raise to at least 3BB.

Flop
You flopped a flushdraw. Checking to the preflop raiser is definitely standard. He then makes a C-bet, and the other guy fold. This is either a call or a jam. Calling is not bad, but I have a slight preference for jamming. He is never folding an A to your stack size, but you have reasonable equity against an A right now. And I have to imagine, that he is not only C-betting AX hands. So I think, there must be at least some fold equity to be gained. But I agree with HP300GOD, that it would be much better to check-jam on basically anything but a A high flop.

Turn
As played you should check-jam now. You dont want to let another spade roll off and put you in an awkward spot on the river, and there is less than a half pot sized bet left. A T, 8 or 5 would also put a 1-liner to a straight, which will kill your river action.

River
As played I agree with donk betting now. You dont want to check here and allow him to check back top pair. But you should have been all-in on the flop or turn, so this should never be an issue to begin with.

Results
Postflop this is just a cooler, and there is nothing, you could have done to avoid going broke. But you should not have been in the hand to begin with. So its an example of creating your own cooler by being to loose preflop. Bad hands get coolered more often. For instance he could also have showed you a K, Q or J high flush, which you would also have lost to.