NooBsKing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1) http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/7102292

If i know the SB range is 60%+ => call?

2) http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/7102294

I am short, 76s is good hand to shove? Mby bigstack will call me light, but i need double and survive, am i right?

3) http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/7102295

I have 4BBs, but there is a short with 2BBs...blinds going to me...and i think i don't have very much FE vs BB...can i push this?

For me: 1) call 2) push 3) fold...

Thx for answers :)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Have a feeling this one will be kinda close, considering we're in the money. However there is a smaller ICM tax in play here.

You are tied last in chips, But you have a very good position at the table, where you get to shove into the other two smaller stacks. Therefore you need to widen your jamming range vs those players, and tighten your calling range vs the two bigger stacks, but widen your calling range vs the other player who is last in chips.

So this one is a pretty clear fold for me, we still have a very workable stack, and our table position couldn't be better. Even if someone went into ICMizer and showed this spot is profitable vs a 60% range then i would still fold it, just based on our very workable stack, and the fact we have a very good table position. More solid reads on opponants may force me to tweak ranges again to fit what is optimal for the table.

2.easiest jam in the world..... However i would tighten my range from the SB a decent chunk, and jam alot more buttons so that i can jam into the player who has the same stack size as me.

3.Since you are already ITM, and you are not guaranteed to move up the pay ladder, i would jam this, but i wouldn't shove that wide of a range here, maybe 30% of hands. we have again a pretty good table position where the smaller stack on our left will never get a walk on his blinds, so we can shove on him very liberally. But this hand is pretty strong in ALL in pots, so i'm jamming here all day long However i would never jam this, i would put in a normal looking raise and see waht action comes. If lets say the button jams and the SB shoves all in, we can potentially fold and move our way up the pay ladder, just as an example (not saying it's a good idea in this particular spot It's more effective in bubble situations) But the best thing about raising not all in is that you can sometimes trick players into folding where they have the odds to call, or they just may not notice you are basically all in and fold anyways.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you on the first 2, but disagree on the 3rd. Very easy jam there. You are short, KQ is a monster with you stack size and 4 handed. Even 9 handed its a easy jam.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) I let this one go. even if I think he is shoving 60%. these stages are all about fold equity and ICM...not necessarily "getting it in good" for instance you can make a call that is technically ahead of his actual holding and it can still be an error. I think this is one of those cases. just because you're beating a villain's range doesn't mean you can call their shoves in SnGs because of ICM. this is one of those spots that is probably +cEV but -$EV. (cEV means chips gained $EV means money gained. they are NOT the same thing in tournaments). I would rather fold the K5 and then jam with J2.

2) I think this is an easy shove. you'll usually be roughly 40% equity with at least some fold equity. as it turns out he called you kinda wider than I would expect some villains to call and yet you still had 50% equity in that particular spot.

3) you simply MUST play KQ 4 handed. if your stack size only warrants a jam, then jam it. If your stack size can tolerate a raise, then raise it. In this particular spot I would just keep it simple and jam it.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
K5 > Stat dependent call, this is very close. Our opponent should be jamming rather light on us here. I would say fold if he's a NIT, call if hes TAG/LAGish or a person who has a clue.

67 > Make it 1.6k here and stack off if he shoves over.

KQ > Shoving, although this is very close with a shorter stack. I'm keen to know what ICM would dictate.

N

NooBsKing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx all :). I appreciate each of your answers which are very instructive :). It's a nice explanation of this format and a right strategy in these situations :).

Wizzim - Thx for other view as i can understand this situations :), so in the result it's mean i can't be money scared in ITM...am i right?

Missjacki - yes, i know the cEV and $EV, but i have to remember this during grinding :)...because mostly i do cEV decision and it's a mistake...

trent32la - thx for your answer and opinion :)

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with 2.,3. but with 1. not. I think you shouldn call with 5K off suit. Cuz from my experience you dnt have much chance against the bigger stack. I know you had K but maybe you should wait for shove a litle bit more.

Folding in Poker