$1.20 NLHE STT: HU:TPGK call shove?

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain was not a strong player just built his stack through a nice run of cards. His pfr can mean alot, any pp, Ax, broadway, he wasnt raising with mediocre hands though (least not that i saw). So i decide to just flat his raise pre to see a flop, and for some reason it goes check check. Not sure why i chose to check (i think i was going for a check raise), but i did and the turn is a blank and he shoves. Likely he has A10+ here. Since we both checked the flop hes likely to have even worse of an ace as well. i guess 2 pair is likely but was the least i was concerned about. If i call this and im wrong i get 2nd (unless i have a SS miracle). If i call and im right i win.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.2 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t6190)
Hero (BB) (t7310)

Hero's M: 12.18

Preflop: Hero is BB with
9s.gif
ac.gif

SB bets t1200, Hero calls t800

Flop: (t2400)
ad.gif
8d.gif
kh.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: (t2400)
7s.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t1200, SB raises to t4965 (All-In), Hero?

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, is this player fishy and tight? Doesn't bet anything but top pair? Unless that accurately describes his play (we're talking like 9/7 tight) this seems like a snap-call.

Though, I would probably have 3bet-shoved preflop tbh.

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont have exact stats on him since i dont use tracker software. He seems to be your typical bad regular. Understands pot odds and what not. but chases draws with no regard to bet size or stack size. Really only built his stack up to what it was on luck and a hot streak of cards. Shown the ability to fire cbets but hit his outs on the turn to continue in the hand to win the pot.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ship it preflop expecting to be called by worse or flipping more often than we're called by better, with the added bonus that it's already a decent size pot to pick up if the villain folds.

As played villain probably has trouble putting you on an ace since you flatted preflop and didn't bet the flop. Looking at the range you gave him preflop you're still ahead of five Ax hands, Kx hands that haven't hit two pair and all pocket pairs that haven't hit a set. Your bet looks like a steal so villain doesn't have to put you on much. I think we call this and expect to be ahead a decent amount of the time.

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks guys, was afraid i made a terrible call in this spot...just looks like i played it wrong from the beginning.