$1+.20 NLHE: Should I be betting somewhere around here?

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1+.20 NL HE: Should I be betting somewhere around here?

Stacks:
SB with 2645
BB with 9783
UTG with 7110
BTN with 7462

hand.pl

Blinds: 100/200
Site: Pokerstars
Dealt to SB:4♦ 6♣
Preflop:
2 players fold.
Hero calls [100]
BB raises 200 to 400 Hero calls [200]
Total folds this street: 2
Potsize: 800
Flop: 5♣ 8♥ 6♠ Hero: checks
BB: checks
Turn: A♠ Hero: checks
BB: checks
River: 5♦ Hero::confused:

G

grvicious

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the way you played this hand would be fine other then i prolly just fold preflop. trying to get value on the river would be extremely thin in this spot and id say the most optimal line would be to c/c and snap off all his bluffing hands

R

rStormChaser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
c/c seems the wtg but making a little probe bet doesnt seem outof line if villain is inclined to call with k high etc . But without any reads its hard to give a definite answer.

Last edited:
SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold pre-flop.

Betting the river seems senseless to me, as he'll only call if he has you beat.
You do *not* have a big hand, so you don't want to inflate that pot.

If he min-bets I probably call. Otherwise I fold.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shouldnt have called preflop like you guys said but I guess the only reason I did was because he had been min raising my blinds almost every time and then would proceed to show a huge amount of weakness on the flop.

Thanks for the input guys, i find my self in situations like these a lot where I have a marginal hand and end up checking it down but checking it all the way down makes me think I'm a weak player

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a stack that size at the 100/200 level you need to be jamming or folding preflop, especially 4 handed. This hand would be an obvious fold in most cases, but if he is as weak as you say, jamming preflop is the best way to get him to fold without a showdown, which is what you are looking for right now. As played im pretty much going to fold to any bets unless your read/his image tell you otherwise.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smells more like a trap to me. Betting the flop feels more like stepping into a bear trap. The turn wasn't much help either.The ace is a definite scare card for both of you. Now that I think about it, why did you call preflop. Should have mucked it in the first place. Wait for a better spot to make a move.

A

Aaronftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smells more like a trap to me. Betting the flop feels more like stepping into a bear trap. The turn wasn't much help either.The ace is a definite scare card for both of you. Now that I think about it, why did you call preflop. Should have mucked it in the first place. Wait for a better spot to make a move.

as stated he wasn't making a move he was defending he's blinds to a min raising chip leader monster :)

gamedemon

gamedemon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre-flop, you are short stacked and cannot risk spewing chips with a hand like this.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars