$1.10 NLHE MTT Bounty: Was this 3bet push very bad?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mates, what do you think about this 21bbs 3bet push, vs the chip leader, he was opening all hands, and I decided that my hand was good to try a re steal, but now with a cold mind I don't know if it's right .
As there were no players with few chips, I was the last place, and I wanted to double my chips.
:(
I still think the 3bet push was good, but I'm not so sure, I have also asked my friend from Spain nbarish, to see if his opinion considered yours.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124Z1ZJoS

C

Carlo35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A6 is not bad for a steal..but versus the chipleader you have to be extra Careful. Because they already have a lot of chips so they can call more often to get a more bigger stack ..and they dont lose all their chips

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still think the 3bet push was good, but I'm not so sure

I consider A6o as the worst Ax, so on a micro KO tourney - basically on any level, type -, for me definitely not a good one for pre-flop allin from 20BB+ vs. a 6 times higher stack. Basically there is no hands what he can fold. Even a 62o - where you block his flush draws, too -, has enough odds to call, especially that it is a bounty. If he opened all the time, he knew it, and would call you with any cards, anytime... if someone does it in situation like this, you should know, if you re-raise, it is going to be a pre-flop allin, it is double or nothing, and no way he will fold to you...

Attachments

• a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 29
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can use ICMizer to get a more objective answer, but for me this looks completely fine. A6o is one of the worst offsuit aces, but it also plays terrible postflop, if you just call out of position, and the chip leader is not going to let you get to showdown easily. You are also so far behind, that you cant just sit and fold and hope, that the middling stack will punt and give you a free payjump. Thats not going to happen, unless he run into some kind of perfect cooler like KK vs. AA or set over set.

So if the chip leader will in fact call you off to wide, thats great, because that means, you are getting value from your A6o, as is fact you did. You just failed to get your hold, but being so far behind in chips you badly needed a dubble, and this was a perfectly fine spot to get it. Yeah sure I would rather have had a suited ace or a better kicker, but you dont have time to sit and wait for the nuts, and at the end of the day you got it in good but lost, which is a perfectly fine outcome.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your advice folks, I will take it into account for the future. ;)
A6 is not bad for a steal..but versus the chipleader you have to be extra Careful. Because they already have a lot of chips so they can call more often to get a more bigger stack ..and they dont lose all their chips

I consider A6o as the worst Ax, so on a micro KO tourney - basically on any level, type -, for me definitely not a good one for pre-flop allin from 20BB+ vs. a 6 times higher stack. Basically there is no hands what he can fold. Even a 62o - where you block his flush draws, too -, has enough odds to call, especially that it is a bounty. If he opened all the time, he knew it, and would call you with any cards, anytime... if someone does it in situation like this, you should know, if you re-raise, it is going to be a pre-flop allin, it is double or nothing, and no way he will fold to you...

You can use ICMizer to get a more objective answer, but for me this looks completely fine. A6o is one of the worst offsuit aces, but it also plays terrible postflop, if you just call out of position, and the chip leader is not going to let you get to showdown easily. You are also so far behind, that you cant just sit and fold and hope, that the middling stack will punt and give you a free payjump. Thats not going to happen, unless he run into some kind of perfect cooler like KK vs. AA or set over set.

So if the chip leader will in fact call you off to wide, thats great, because that means, you are getting value from your A6o, as is fact you did. You just failed to get your hold, but being so far behind in chips you badly needed a dubble, and this was a perfectly fine spot to get it. Yeah sure I would rather have had a suited ace or a better kicker, but you dont have time to sit and wait for the nuts, and at the end of the day you got it in good but lost, which is a perfectly fine outcome.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didnt see anyone post this point (if they did, I apologize) but and Ax 3 handed is a monster hand. I think you can treat and Ax 3 handed like AJ+ full ring and on 20 BBs you would be re jamming AJ + so I believe the A6 is a fold or rejam here and it sure would be a tight fold. We have to consider 2nd place is far from us as well so I like the jam especially if chip leader is playing loose (as they should be 3 handed with the chip lead). I say good move by you that didnt work out.

Let me also say that you know that I play a lot of hands against you and I highly respect your game. From what I've seen you seem to make the right moves more often that not but run terribly deep in a tourney. Best of luck going forward and keep up the good moves (except against me, lol).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Villain in this hand was a HUGE spewy Fish! He was calling there 100% with any two cards. Guy had been opening a huge % of hands the entire final table.... limping, raising, calling. VPIP of probably 80%

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you played well and villain got lucky by making a horrible call and being lucky enough to hit the 7 on the river.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks for your advice folks, I will take it into account for the future. ;)

hint: do not take the 'advice' from the post made by 1984 as it makes next to zero sense.

Player was getting nowhere near the correct odds to be calling in that spot with ATC (any two cards).

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mates, what do you think about this 21bbs 3bet push, vs the chip leader, he was opening all hands, and I decided that my hand was good to try a re steal, but now with a cold mind I don't know if it's right .
As there were no players with few chips, I was the last place, and I wanted to double my chips.
:(
I still think the 3bet push was good, but I'm not so sure, I have also asked my friend from Spain nbarish, to see if his opinion considered yours.

Hi Juan!

You not tell, but I think this is FT. So if you had 20BB+ your move was no bad. From the other side, ChL had 6x+ more stack than your one. So he can't fold his not very good hand also. As result you have good odds to win but he was just more lucky. On a long run your move must be profit. As for me, sometimes I play as you in same situations, sometimes wait more, but I can't say what exactly was more profitable.
Good Luck next games!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hint: do not take the 'advice' from the post made by 1984 as it makes next to zero sense.

Player was getting nowhere near the correct odds to be calling in that spot with ATC (any two cards).

We dont actually know that, since it was a bounty tournament, and no information was given about the size of Heros bounty or the starting stack. If Hero had such a juicy bounty on his head, that he could expect no fold equity, then he should probably have looked for a hand with a bit more equity than A6o to get it in.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
We dont actually know that, since it was a bounty tournament, and no information was given about the size of Heros bounty or the starting stack. If Hero had such a juicy bounty on his head, that he could expect no fold equity, then he should probably have looked for a hand with a bit more equity than A6o to get it in.
You are right 'WE' didnt know, BUT I did... & he didn't.
He should've expected no fold equity because Villain was an extremely spewy fish (uber aggro fish... with horrendous stats. both on the table & in game stats.). But he could also expect Villain to be calling off with atc.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll be the dissenting voice. I think this was a bad shove with 20+ bb, regardless of villains VPIP/aggro factor.
20+ bb is an eternity - for me anyway. I'd - maybe consider A/6 suited as a jam - for the same reasons everyone else pointed out, but A/6 off is just a crap Ace, even 3 handed. For me this is a preflop fold.