$1.10 NLHE MTT: $1 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: A9s in CO with 12bb flat call or rejam iso shove?

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1.10 NLHE MTT: $1 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: A9s in CO with 12bb flat call or rejam iso shove?

Was playing a 1.10 rebuy turbo on Carbon today and had an interesting hand come up...heres the situation
71 left, 45 paid, im sitting 18th in chips, blinds 2k/4k/4000
Villain (UTG) shoves allin 11390, fold, fold, fold,
Hero (CO) A9s shoves allin 47890
Villain (BU) 33674 in chips
Villain (SB) 27098 in chips
Villain (BB) 44976 in chips
Just a question here...when I have A9s here its an obvious call as I have history with UTG and know hes shoving wide here...however with A9s should we be re-shoving to isolate here or just flat calling? If we flat and get reshoved on we can easily fold and still have a decent 8bb stack which in a turbo isnt horrid...however when flatting we risk getting flat called again by a hand like 66 KJ etc and our equity goes down....when reshoving we still have a bit of equity if we get called by BU/blinds however we risk what is pretty much our tournament life...so what should we be doing with A9s here..rejamming or flatting?
Any feedback welcome

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what would you do if UTG didn't shove and it was folded to you?

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely do a flat call here. Being a turbo tourny, hero in the late position(co) and having a read at villian(utg) are few good and imp factors to push and shove with A9....
If its a normal speed tourny, i would have just called the villians shove and decide on rejamming...

var __chd__ = {'aid':11079,'chaid':'www_objectify_ca'};(function() { var c = document.createElement('script'); c.type = 'text/javascript'; c.async = true;c.src = ( 'https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://z': 'http://p') + '.chango.com/static/c.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(c, s);})();

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what would you do if UTG didn't shove and it was folded to you?

good point. In that case it would be an obvious shove, however then we know theres a chance we can win the pot preflop when in this case we're going to have to hold up as an approx. 2:1 fav pardon no one else calls

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it just makes you think about the situation in a new way. So if you happy to jam this hand if folded to you, you should be pretty happy to iso this as well. Yes we have to showdown against villians range, but who cares? he can't cripple us too badly, and we have to take spots on like this regularly.

I think if we had more chips we can go the fancy route and just call here and fold to action behind, i think it's a great play in general. but if we call here, get shoved on, we're getting pretty sweet pot odds to call against a seemingly wider range than if we had iso-shoved, so there might be hands like 55,66,77 in which we can make profitable calls against, but it also includes stuff like aces that dominate us and huge pairs. I think shove is better as it, might, might fold out better Ax hands like AT and AJ, it's a big might, but possible considering the action facing those hands if we iso shove here.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to the isolation and so I shove.

You mention likewise he has history of shoving with wide range so prompted me to shove more.