Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
CO stats after 37 hands: VPIP 38 PFR 8 Limp 30 Flop Bet 56 Post flop AGG 2.67

Here we are after the money bubble burst.

Should I bet the flop? What about the turn?

pokerstars, $0.98 + $0.12 - Hold'em No Limit - 500/1,000 (125 ante) - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 19,897 (20 bb)
MP: 23,614 (24 bb)
CO: 23,766 (24 bb)
BU: 7,773 (8 bb)
SB (Hero): 10,023 (10 bb)
BB: 5,683 (6 bb)

Pre-Flop: (2,250) Hero is SB with 9 5
1 fold, MP calls 1,000, CO calls 1,000, 1 fold, Hero calls 500, BB checks

Flop: (4,750) 3 5 2 (4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO bets 2,000, Hero calls 2,000, 2 players fold

Turn: (8,750) 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (8,750) 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets 6,000, SB (Hero) folds

Total pot: 8,750
CO wins 8,750

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Offsuit junk should usually be folded even getting a cheap complete. Here its also an issue, that BB is so short, and its after the bubble. This mean, that he will be jamming preflop at a pretty high frequenzy, which of course you cant call. So I would just fold here and hope to pick up a hand, I can jam, within the next orbit.

Flop
You flopped top pair, which is pretty amazing with a hand this bad. The SPR is only around two, so this is another one, where I would be willing to go with it, and I would just bet out myself. Your hand benefit a lot from protection, especially against multible opponents, so you really dont want this to get checked through. Unlike the other hand you also dont want anybody to overcall, because between them they can have a ton of different overcards, and it will be very difficult for you to continue on later streets in a multiway pot. So if I checked here, I would check-jam and be done.

Turn
I would not get to the turn like this, but as played I would not hate to see a donk jam here for value and protection, since there are so many draws.

River
This was literally the worst card in the deck, and I agree with check-folding.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you called to see a flop here there's not many better flops to go all in on.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I really don't like the complete pre-flop here. Yes, you're getting good odds with two limpers, but your hand is complete junk. Not only that, but just after the bubble, you often see the tiny stacks that have stalled and folded their way to the money, start shoving with abandon to double or bust. You are committing more than 5% of your stack with 95o, which is never a good idea.

Flop: you're now in a messy spot. You have top pair, no kicker on a 5 high, straighty, flushy board. If I'd got myself in this situation, I think the only option is to bet large and hope to force our opponents off whatever equity they might have and hopefully avoid seeing another card, which most likely is not going to favour you.
As played it checks round to CO, who takes a stab at the pot, but we really have no clue what he could have; over pairs, like 66, 77, 88, two overs including an A for straight draws, flush draws and backdoor flush draws all with great equity against your pair of 5s. This is the thing with a hand like 95o, what are you expecting to hit that you're really going to be happy continuing with? I am just folding here.

Turn: Well, you hit one of the few cards that you're really happy to see, which it great. You're now only losing to A4, which is definitely in villains range or a better 5, of which, there are only really 4 likely combos of A5 and maybe 1 combo of K5s and 1 of Q5s as CO is fairly loose and splashy. More than likely he has a drawing hand like Axh, in which case, you're more than happy to just get it all in here and force him to put nearly 1/3 of his stack on the line with a draw and one card to come.

River: As great as the turn was for you, the river is literally the worst card in the deck as it completes all the straights and flushes. Here I am checking hoping he checks behind with an over pair or two random overs.
When he bets, we have to just let this go.

I don't want to sound too harsh or rude, but you blew more than 1/4 of your stack with one of the worst starting hands in poker. Imagine if you got AA or KK the very next hand and doubled up; you would have had 20+k instead of 15k. These spots are where recreational players lose tournaments, because they don't preserve their stack when they should have just folded pre-flop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop: you're now in a messy spot. You have top pair, no kicker on a 5 high, straighty, flushy board. If I'd got myself in this situation, I think the only option is to bet large and hope to force our opponents off whatever equity they might have and hopefully avoid seeing another card, which most likely is not going to favour you.
Assuming Hero had bet out on the flop, I think, there is going to be a fair amount of AX is the opponents calling ranges, since AX flopped a gutshot. 4X is obviously also calling. If someone has an overpair, they are not going away either, but I dont think, there are to many of those in a limped pot. Maybe 66-88, but the higher ones would most likely have raised preflop. So I think, its fairly clear, that we dont want to see an A, 6 or 4 on the turn, but all other cards are pretty safe, and we can comfortably get it in. Even a 3 or 2 would not worry me to much, since they should only improve a few hands like A3 or A2.