$055 NLHE MTT Bounty: AA versus limpers: to shove or not to shove.... :D !

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go with 4 BB. All in probably will not be called. Here the trick is that somebody could be with lower pair. He may call to see the flop for a set. This could be dangerous, but however you must find out from the way he is playing if he hit something on the flop. With so many lips there is a big chance that someone to put another 3BB to see the flop so you may get some value here. I would not recommend all in. Don't think that someone will call you in such early stage.

J

joshua360

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA may be the best starting hand, but any two cards can win at any time. You may be able to get some of the limpers to call you with a smaller raise, but then you also risk having someone suck out on you. I would personally rather take the chips on the table without seeing a flop. A flop only means you give who ever calls the chance to beat your aces. For me, it depends on the stack sizes at the table. Like any hand, i make my decision based on stack sizes and how likely players are willing to play mid level hands. I go all in more often then not with AA, that's just me though.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice all-in! This look like a bluff and some peoples want to call you with worst hand

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have raised 4X the big blind and see what comes out on the flop. Nice hand by the way! I like the all in call as well, but would have rather raised 4x bb.

A

atila1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would raise 2BB+1BB for each limper thats like 630, and think all in isnt that bad play cos of bounty

rikoberto

rikoberto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shoving is definately OK!Very very often in these stakes (even more because its bounty mtt)villains light call with small pocket pairs like 55-99,with suited aces like A9s+,and many with KQo and KQs,AJo+..i use to do this move also..but with a frequency,not always ofc :)

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KO tournament - a shove with so many limpers. You don't need to give some flush/streight draws to the guys. There is always a chance to have someone with low pair, who also would like to try his "maybe" 50/50 chances against you. In such tournaments I saw a lot of giys to call with 9Ts.

Z

ziging

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KO tournament - a shove with so many limpers. You don't need to give some flush/streight draws to the guys. There is always a chance to have someone with low pair, who also would like to try his "maybe" 50/50 chances against you. In such tournaments I saw a lot of giys to call with 9Ts.
Yep, guys call with almost nothing and winn with two pairs. Veeeeery often.

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess that a big 4bet would have almost the same effect, and if someone call you still have a big pot and a good hand too play in most flops, with the shove you will loose the value for AA in most tables

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being mtt start on these bounty 0.55 I think it's a good idea to go all in pre flop against those limp was doing the same move without fear :)

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bet sizing

When there are limpers in front of Hero and Hero has pocket Aces, Kings or any time Hero wants to raise with limpers, a good rule of thumb is, 3 x BB plus one BB for every limper. so that would be BB X 7 or 630 chips. This makes the odds for any one to call not so good, and they'll need a strong hand to continue, getting out the speculative hands that could out draw you.

Is it wrong to shove pocket Aces in early stages of an MMT, I would have to say yes it is not a prudent play. Hero still has an M of 29 or 47.75 BB's. Hero may be a short stack relative to the other stacks but not according to the Blinds. The table looks loose and without taking a chance with Hero's tournament life, Hero could have seen a flop with a proper raise or still won a nice pot of 6+ BB uncontested.

Pocket Aces against a single opponent have great odds to win, like 80% give or take, or they win ~8 times out of 10. For every opponent more than one, Pocket Aces chances to win drop dramatically. If all players that limped decided to call Aces only win about 40% of the time, that's only 4 times out of 10. Against 10 players Pocket Aces only have about 30% chance to win or they win 3 times out of 10. :eek:

Regards,
GiGiCat:)

GiGiCat

GiGiCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really see how I was "ripping" on your comments. I did not insult you, I gave a full explanation of why I felt each comment was incorrect with regards to the situation.

If you disagree with all of my comments I'd like it if you would explain why, this is a poker forum discussion and we are here to learn and exchange ideas.

Yes what she said!