$0.25 NLHE STT: what would u do here

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a hand from 0.25c 45 man Sng
i was inclined to fold this hand at river ,as i have made lower straight there and he was smooth calling me ,either he made his hand or on some draw or some set ,i was unsure to fold and my net got dc and hand was sitted out

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds 4 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP1 (t3,031)
Hero (MP2) (t1,171)
MP3 (t958)
CO (t1,623)
Button (t1,528)
SB (t2,551)
BB (t2,408)
UTG (t1,234)
UTG+1 (t3,367)

Hero's M: 14.46

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q
spade.gif
, 8
spade.gif

3 folds, Hero calls t30, 1 fold, CO calls t30, 1 fold, SB calls t15, BB raises to t60, Hero calls t30, CO calls t30, SB calls t30

Flop: (t276) 2
diamond.gif
, J
club.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (t276) 10
club.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, BB bets t30, Hero raises to t90, 2 folds, BB calls t60

River: (t456) Q
club.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t2,254 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: t456

Results below:
BB didn't show

2nd hand

was my fold correct here

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds 3 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

UTG (t1,287)
UTG+1 (t1,589)
Hero (MP1) (t1,432)
MP2 (t1,222)
MP3 (t3,370)
CO (t1,452)
Button (t324)
SB (t1,342)
BB (t1,482)

Hero's M: 25.12

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K
spade.gif
, A
spade.gif

2 folds, Hero raises to t80, 2 folds, CO calls t80, Button raises to t321 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls t301, 1 fold, CO raises to t1,449 (All-In), 1 fold

Flop: (t1,080) 9
diamond.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, K
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t1,080) 6
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t1,080) 8
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t1,080

Results below:
Button had Q
spade.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(flush, King high).
CO had 10
club.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(flush, King high).
Outcome: Button won t540, CO won t540

3rd hand

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 15 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

MP1 (t2,822)
MP2 (t729)
Hero (CO) (t2,978)
Button (t3,541)
SB (t2,227)
BB (t3,535)
UTG (t1,537)
UTG+1 (t2,090)

Hero's M: 9.93

Preflop: Hero is CO with J
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif

2 folds, MP1 calls t120, 1 fold, Hero raises to t240, 2 folds, BB calls t120, MP1 calls t120

Flop: (t900) 5
spade.gif
, A
spade.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets t360, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t2,567 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: t1,620

Results below:
MP1 didn't show

pretty bad call from again

4th hand

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 80/160 Blinds 20 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

CO (t4,147)
Button (t4,283)
Hero (SB) (t2,559)
BB (t13,827)
UTG (t2,297)
UTG+1 (t9,708)
MP1 (t9,915)
MP2 (t1,700)

Hero's M: 6.40

Preflop: Hero is SB with K
diamond.gif
, Q
club.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 calls t160, MP1 calls t160, 1 fold, CO calls t160, 1 fold, Hero calls t80, BB checks

Flop: (t960) 2
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif
, K
club.gif
(5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks

Turn: (t960) 7
diamond.gif
(5 players)
Hero bets t320, 2 folds, MP1 calls t320, 1 fold

River: (t1,600) A
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t1,120, MP1 raises to t2,240, Hero calls t939 (All-In)

Total pot: t5,718

Results below:
Hero had K
diamond.gif
, Q
club.gif
(three of a kind, Kings).
MP1 had K
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
(full house, Kings over Aces).
Outcome: MP1 won t5,718

i played same way as i did in 98 hand , when will i learn :mad:

need some help here guyzzz

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Fold.
2. Call.
3. Raise more. 2x with one limper, is a auto-call for BB and limper. If still both called, I would have given up, much like any other small pair.
4. :smokin:

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1

Pre-flop - just fold. If you really feel you must play then limping is horrible. It may help you, if you aren't already aware of this, to know that when you have suited cards you will only make a flush by the river 6.3% of the time.

Flop - as played I guess a check here is ok.

Turn - you have the second nuts (and the chances that he has KQ are pretty slim) but there are lots of river cards you wouldn't want to see so you probably want to take this down now. BB bets 1/9 of the pot and you raise to less than 1/3 of the pot which prices him in on all of his draws. Your raise needs to be much bigger.

River - villain jam does not make a lot of sense. If he has a made hand then you would expect him to try and extract some value but its often hard to tell at low stakes. This is the kind of tough spot you can end up in when you play junk hands pre-flop. For some reason I'm inclined to think villain has a busted diamond draw here but it could include the K. I would probably call anyway.

Simple answer here was to fold pre-flop and avoid any difficulties thereafter. Some advice would be to read up on starting hand strategies.

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 2

Raise is fine.

Button 3-bet is inconsequential as they are short and therefore their range is wide open and you have most of it crushed.

BB then calls - what hands are they doing this with? If they have JJ+ or AK then they should probably be jamming to isolate. The call suggests they have a small PP or AJ AQ KQ - that kind of range. For you to fold AKs here is just crazy. IMO you should just be getting all your chips in here. If you jam then CO should fold most hands that they only called your original raise with(certainly they should fold TT) and BB will almost certainly fold (as he did). Your fold gave CO the chance to do what you should have done i.e. isolate the short stack with some extra chips from the BB as a bonus.

The way the board then played out is pretty much irrelevant.

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 3

Pre-flop - raise needs to be bigger. Min raise gives BB pot odds to call with ATC and MP1 will not fold after their limp to a min raise. 3 - 3.5BB is called for with the early position limper. Main thing here is to remember that MP1 is likely to be limping with lots of Ax hands.

Flop - when the A comes in this spot I don't like a c-bet. MP1 will be check raising pretty much all of his Ax hands. Check, hope to turn a set and, if not, get away from it.

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 4

Pre-flop - you have 16BB so there is a case for jamming here to a few limpers. A raise here should be to about 6BB (3BB plus 1BB for each limper) which pretty much pot commits you so jam is probably better. I don't hate the call but prefer the jam.

Flop - why are you trying to be tricky and checking? There are only 3 hands that have you beat at this point AK (unlikely as you would expect this to be raised pre-flop), K2 (almost never unless BB has it) and 22 (possible with limpers but again not likely). There was no pre-flop aggressor so there is not going to be a c-bet for you to check raise and most hands are going to check this flop. You need to bet here.

Turn - total blank. As played you have to believe you are well ahead so, given the passive line you have taken, I am now inclined to check again and hope to induce a bluff attempt from one of the 4 other players. If you are going to bet think it needs to be bigger than 1/3 of the pot as you want to remove any heart draws (although as played these are pretty unlikely) and set up a river jam. When MP1 calls it is a bit of a worry but you can't believe you are behind.

River - should be inconsequential. Can't really see how you could put him on AK so when he puts you all-in you have to be thinking K9-KQ and you should be chopping at the very worst.

As it happens all the chips were going in the middle after the flop no matter what and it's a cooler.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 Fold preflop, Q8s trash hand

Hand 2 Fold, you have a very big stack that play in marginal situation when early blinds. In most cases, it will be coinflip, makes no sense to play when in the game is still many bad players, you can find a more profitable situation than coinflip..

Hand 3 Fold, villain shove when in pot very more players, you already far behind..

Hand 4
Here no limp, because you will play OOP in multiway pot..Only shove preflop, pot already big..

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold

jam for me, but if 25c is a big proportion of your roll or if losing the buying is meaningful then fold is also fine.

check flop is best, so many players to the pot, huge proportion of players ranges include Ax, your bet/fold is ok, but i think we can just check/decide flop or just giving up is fine too.

Bet bigger on turn, and jam rivers. you can shove this preflop too, especially if players will call with worse sometimes which they will at this level. But calling is also ok, since we have so much value postflop from fish overvaluing second or third best hands.