$0.2 NLHE MTT Turbo: 66 BB preflop decision!

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars, $0.20 Buy-in (3,000/6,000 blinds, 600 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players

MP3: 17/3 limp 5% M:2,4 sample 30
hero: (M:3,3 LAG)

Half way to reward, hero got average stack!

SB: 70,130 (11.7 bb)
Hero (BB): 45,120 (7.5 bb)
UTG+2: 61,560 (10.3 bb)
MP1: 53,315 (8.9 bb)
MP2: 94,765 (15.8 bb)
MP3: 32,830 (5.5 bb)
CO: 56,170 (9.4 bb)
BTN: 51,636 (8.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif

3 folds, MP3 raises to 32,230 and is all-in, 3 folds, Hero?

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call,you cant fold,pocket pair in bb with 7,5 bb behind .. call and go for it

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call with your size stack, most of the time will be coinflip, range shove villain here very wide, it is very profitable call..

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a terrible call, what's the best hope here? That he had AJ and we are flipping. If he has 77+ we just handed our stack away. Fold. Look for a better spot.

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I'm folding here even with only 7.5 BB's behind (relative short stack (noted as average mind!) is mostly due to it being a turbo - and they often turn into shovefests in the later stages). As the previous post said you are behind a lot of the villains range and flipping against most of the rest of it. Look for a better spot where you can get your chips in first (66 is perfectly acceptable!) and give everyone else a decision to make.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a terrible call, what's the best hope here? That he had AJ and we are flipping. If he has 77+ we just handed our stack away. Fold. Look for a better spot.

Mostly I'm folding here even with only 7.5 BB's behind (relative short stack (noted as average mind!) is mostly due to it being a turbo - and they often turn into shovefests in the later stages). As the previous post said you are behind a lot of the villains range and flipping against most of the rest of it. Look for a better spot where you can get your chips in first (66 is perfectly acceptable!) and give everyone else a decision to make.

I am with you guys, even if we win this spew it does not guarantee that we are getting reward! And 66 does play really poor given situation imo!

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
You have here about only stack M3 and ofc only push is OK.

B

bondgaurav21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to me, It is a fold situation due to turbo mtts. In this late stage, if a guy have 17/3 VPIP/PFR, then he is a super tight player. waiting for premium hands to go shove which include huge number of middle pairs and big pairs.

So, folding is a right option here. But, I am waiting for other answers as well.

Because, regular mtt players does not give you a right answers here.

Fo them, 17/3 is a TAG player but in turbo, It is a super nitty stats.

A

avner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have low stack, not lowest, its a sure fold, there are alot of situations to take you down to 3 bb,

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm calling here 100% of the time.

for the people who want to fold, OK fine but I don't understand your argument that "it's a turbo and it's a shove fest, so fold" the fact that it's a turbo is even more reason to pile your chips in and take a flip. And we're nowhere near the bubble so this is no place to make a tight fold in hopes of cashing. You're probably going to have to win at least 2 more flips to make the money.

think about it from villain's perspective: you have 5.5bbs. 3 players fold in front of you. What's your range? It should be huge; in the neighborhood of 30-35% of all starting hands. Something like 22+ any Ace, any 2 cards 9 or higher, any 2 suited cards 8 or higher and a few medium and small suited connectors and suited 1 gappers like 86s, 56s, 75s etc. Facing a range like this 66 has 54% equity. That's pretty solid equity in these short stacked situations, not to mention the pot odds from the antes and dead SB.

Some of you might be thinking "but he's tight! he's only playing 17% of hands" ok, well first we only have 30 hands on him, so the stats aren't too relevant not to mention he probably had more BBs for the majority of those 30 hands. But even if we assign him a very tight 17% pushing range we are still 49.65% vs. that range. and that's a nit range at these short stacks with 3 folds in front of you....such a nitty range in fact, that it has him folding A6o. Do you really think this guy is folding A6o?

if you're averse to flipping, you shouldn't play turbos.