$0.11 NLHE MTT: Fold or Call ?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the middle stage you should not play every small/middle pair looking for a set because you are going to bleed chips very quickly, fold preflop it would be correct..

Fold is fine because flop is pretty coordinated and vs donk all-ins you can be far behind.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know players won't raise much behind you calling is just fine preflop. If you know they will raise a decent amount you can just fold and save chips, but overall not a bad spot to setmine.

Once he makes it 2x the blind we have to complete again for 500.

once we get postflop and hit our hand, i think we have to call here, beacuse we have redraw outs and we almost always have the best hand even on this coordinated flop. I'd be more worried about a higher coordinated flop, this one will tend to have a lot of pair/draw options, and flush draws. But as mentioned, we're likely ahead now, and if the board pairs we pretty much always win. Quite simply, i never fold sets in low limit games, i just wouldn't ever consider it, if we are beat here so be it.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When your chips are less than raiser, all-in means double or nothing.
Call or not may depend on get in the money pool or not.

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very good fold, because they had many options, after seeing the hands lament, everything happens ;)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Come on.....we are set mining and it works.....basically about the best you could hope for.
Now the flop is wet, but my thoughts are about noone is pushing there with a flush, so you're likely ahead......
I'm never folding there because I would assume I were ahead and there's outs to improve to a boat in a very juicy pot....
If you lose it....well.....get on with the next tournament.....

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Close one,I don't think it's horrible to fold there with 1 player that called before you and 1 to act after. If player 6 fold, I would call for sure.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why fold?

Our goal is already there, and no backing at this time.

We might even be ahead and they are the underdogs.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eh, limping in preflop and calling min raise is a bit spewy, but you had implied odds to set-mine, so I guess it's ok.

As played, I don't like the fold at all. We're calling a raise with 55 in hopes of hitting another 5. Even on a board like that, you're very likely to have the best hand and have a lot of redraws if you need to improve. I'll take the chance of tripling up vs busting out when I have a strong hand like that any day.

PokerplayerSpy

PokerplayerSpy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold here preflop anything < 88, 99, but since you didn't, you should never fold a set you just payed to mine regardless of the wet board. The set will win most of the time and i'm never folding even when I think my set is beat.

Z

ZeeCpt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on.....we are set mining and it works.....basically about the best you could hope for.
Now the flop is wet, but my thoughts are about noone is pushing there with a flush, so you're likely ahead......
I'm never folding there because I would assume I were ahead and there's outs to improve to a boat in a very juicy pot....
If you lose it....well.....get on with the next tournament.....

Agree with every word. You'r almost e always ahead here And even if you're behind, you got 7 outs. Unless someone hit a straight flush. But come on. The call PF is good. you were getting a ridiculous price, and it's deep stacked, if you win you're set for the late stages.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you know players won't raise much behind you calling is just fine preflop. If you know they will raise a decent amount you can just fold and save chips, but overall not a bad spot to setmine.

Once he makes it 2x the blind we have to complete again for 500.

once we get postflop and hit our hand, i think we have to call here, beacuse we have redraw outs and we almost always have the best hand even on this coordinated flop. I'd be more worried about a higher coordinated flop, this one will tend to have a lot of pair/draw options, and flush draws. But as mentioned, we're likely ahead now, and if the board pairs we pretty much always win. Quite simply, i never fold sets in low limit games, i just wouldn't ever consider it, if we are beat here so be it.

Will this still be a call after the second shove. I can understand we have to call with one villain going all in. But with a bottom set won't behind a good chunk of time to a better set?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes because this is a low level buyin, so players ranges are hugely wide here. We can often be up against a pair and pair +draw type hand that we just are aboslute golden vs, so it's basically a bigger pot with more risk, but we have a set, it's really unlikely someone has a better set, and it's also possible/likely that they both have flush draws, taking outs away from each other. If this is a higher buyin with a better base of players, i'd consider folding more since we won't be massively ahead here as often vs two players.

So while it seems like we are up against huge hands here, we have to view it in context of the games we play and the level of skill generally. Sometimes we wil be up against a better set, but that's poker, most of the time we will be up vs two players who have pairs and possibly also have draws. So if you want you can put this into software like pokerstove to get an idea of how far ahead a set is vs differing ranges. I haven't got time right now, but i'd be interested to see, i suspect we will be aroudn the 50% mark minimum here vs decently wide ranges.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre,no need to waste my chips with small pair.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i would not call that raise preflop but i would folded it like you did straight or flush was something i would be afraid of,its about luck you cant see you opponents cards so you take your risk or not

Folding in Poker