Currency
$

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre: Imo this is okay of you know its one of those games where everyone just limps... always. If there is an active player to your left that likes to raise pre over limpers then I just fold this. In this spot, in a penny tourney I think its fine to just see a flop with J10 off.

Flop: We flop bottom two and then get faced with a slight overbet to the pot when the villain is playing against 3 players including us. In these spots you have to take think about everything you know about the betting villain. What have I seen them do before... do they always bet, play like a maniac, or are they passive unless they hit a big hand. The good thing is it shouldnt take long at these stakes to know that about players since they play too many hands so we get more opportunities to see how they play. Im basing my play here off what I think of them. If they arent a maniac but are maybe a little more middle of the road as far as aggression goes I peel here. Then I see what they do turn and if we face another big bet on turn I at least strongly consider folding just since again, a lot of players at these stakes are passive unless they have a monster. If they are a maniac then I just call here and plan to call it down and let them bet off their chips to me. So there is a lot of read dependency here imo. On this board, bottom two pair is not the nuts so we cant think we are always getting it in here. Generally speaking against this player pool, if they arent a maniac, which you should know in just a few hands of playing with them then you have to tread lightly. Doesnt mean you fold flop unless they are really passive but if you face two big bets (which would start committing them to the hand) I think you can fold and not feel too bad about it. I am a little on the tight side post flop so we will see what others say.

Turn: Villain makes it easy for you imo and you just fold here UNLESS they are the maniac and if so, its why you would just call flop and let them bet their chips at you while you call. Outside of maniacs, this is just a fold and move on after this turn bet.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Pre: Imo this is okay of you know its one of those games where everyone just limps... always. If there is an active player to your left that likes to raise pre over limpers then I just fold this. In this spot, in a penny tourney I think its fine to just see a flop with J10 off.

Flop: We flop bottom two and then get faced with a slight overbet to the pot when the villain is playing against 3 players including us. In these spots you have to take think about everything you know about the betting villain. What have I seen them do before... do they always bet, play like a maniac, or are they passive unless they hit a big hand. The good thing is it shouldnt take long at these stakes to know that about players since they play too many hands so we get more opportunities to see how they play. Im basing my play here off what I think of them. If they arent a maniac but are maybe a little more middle of the road as far as aggression goes I peel here. Then I see what they do turn and if we face another big bet on turn I at least strongly consider folding just since again, a lot of players at these stakes are passive unless they have a monster. If they are a maniac then I just call here and plan to call it down and let them bet off their chips to me. So there is a lot of read dependency here imo. On this board, bottom two pair is not the nuts so we cant think we are always getting it in here. Generally speaking against this player pool, if they arent a maniac, which you should know in just a few hands of playing with them then you have to tread lightly. Doesnt mean you fold flop unless they are really passive but if you face two big bets (which would start committing them to the hand) I think you can fold and not feel too bad about it. I am a little on the tight side post flop so we will see what others say.

Turn: Villain makes it easy for you imo and you just fold here UNLESS they are the maniac and if so, its why you would just call flop and let them bet their chips at you while you call. Outside of maniacs, this is just a fold and move on after this turn bet.
Were you going to fold 2 pair in that board? cant believe. First of all, i did not think of folding even though i was going to lose that hand, a villian also played bad, with aroud 50bb he limps with AQ from early pos, that is a terrible play. Its good that he lost that hand, that should teach him/her that raising preflop is a must, especially from EP with a strong hand.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. I'm folding 2 pair there against certain villains for sure on the turn. There are plenty of villain types that bet huge with their big hands and not so without big hands. Im not saying this villain was like that or is not like that since I dont know but I definitely have folded two pair hands post flop before and if you think you can never fold two pair post flop ever then you will run into it from time to time. Thats why I wrote about villain types here... maniacs will do this in low buy ins with not much and you can call but if you have not seen a villain tool out before and they are betting pot on flop and then overbet jamming turn then you have to at least consider folding with anything that is short of the nuts. J10 on this board is a good hand but there is a straight draw and better broadway two pair possilities like KJ and K10. Player dependent but yes, I am really am folding this turn readless and not thinking too much about it. If see a player make this play over and over then Ill note it and then call eventually but readless... its a fold.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have not seen the hand yet

Freeroll strategy is to pot control and then use big bets with nut hands most often deep stacked

Ok we are dealt JToff this is a pot control type of hand but also a reverse odds hand so caution is always wise

Two limpers perfect we over limp and play to make 2 pair or better on nonflushing boards

ok forgot to mention straight boards not great either

this is not a spot to play for stacks so we pot control- V leads pot ouch we are not folding but V has AQ KT KJ already and pair plus draws and very few naked bluffs-so pot control call

I forgot to mention Q9 played exactly like this--

Calling this over bet is not pot control -- we can fold this if we have a skill advantage- even if the V is shoving just a Q that is not great for us but we called a flop pot size bet- they have way more combo draws or value bets than naked Qx thinking you will call- it is a freeroll after all

It was what I thought AQ or some other strong made hand you had 9% when you called -91/100 times we lose -we lose way more calling here than we ever win

Nice catch🤑

:unsure::geek: