Who do you think is the best athlete in history?

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I second the vote for Jim Thorpe. Bo Jackson is the greatest I have seen in my lifetime. I favor athletes who were outstanding in more than one sport.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there can not be only one . there are way too many sports and way too many athletes in history

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am also a soccer fan, I grew up watching the Galactics and I fell in love with that team from the first time I saw them play, the best player of this team for me was always Roberto Carlos, excellent player and with a brutal punch with the ball, but without However, the player that I always liked to see despite the fact that he was in a team where I always want things to go wrong, such as Barcelona, ​​that player is Ronaldinho, an excellent player with a charisma that was contagious with his game, I think there will not be a player like him ronaldinho, a player who with ronaldo adriano roberto carlos dida etc.. made a brazil that was beautiful to watch them play.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Federer and Nadal are the best athlete in history

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nadal - built like a horse, big guy, but moves like a cheetah

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Magnus Carlsen, best chess player since when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
great question. very hard because each sport is different. I would think, what is the most competative and hardest sport in terms of close skills, and who is way beyond reach in that sport, who has paved the way or changed the sport. and who's record could stand the test of time?...I have no idea so will just say Usain Bolt

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one Cassius Clay heavywieght boxer:deal:

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usain Bolt at the Beijing Olympics was incredible in the 100m flat race.The way he almost slowed down and celebrated and still won with a world record was fantastic.
And Phelps was fantastic too, winning, I think 8 gold medals again at this Olympics.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rocky Marciano is often remembered for two things: his lionhearted approach to the fight game and his flawless professional record of 49-0-0.
And as Marciano was never defeated, it stands to reason that he was never knocked out, either.

Attachments

• kuva_2022-03-11_172407.jpg
    kuva_2022-03-11_172407.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 56
gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
''The Baltimore Bullet''- Michael Phelps :rolleyes:

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Athletes

Wow I have seen so many, My favorites Walter Payton and Muhammed Ali

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that is David beckham ,

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
The question was to be asked who is the greatest athlete in history and not the best. It is impossible to answer who is the best but the greatest is Kasius Kley.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that this is just a topic for opinions, but still it is impossible to choose 1 best or greatest athlete in history, even the top 10 is impossible. all sports are different, with different popularity in the world. for example, some of the names that are mentioned above, I don’t even know such athletes, so I can’t imagine what kind of sports they are.
I think that even within each sport there are different opinions about who was better.
I would even add that in all sports, it is no longer correct to compare athletes of the 20th century with athletes of the 21st century.

Last edited:
ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't think a person can be called that.

Team sports? Individual?

If we separate it is also difficult, since Jordan, Brady, Pelé are all legends.

Just like Federer, Nadal, Usain Bolt, Muhammad Ali are unforgettable in their own sports. That's why I can't choose that way unfortunately. :)

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the biggest references in modern sport, because his commitment, his will to win, his care and his professionalism is something unique, especially for football players today. He's an inspiration for life and I don't even like football, but he's speechless...