Sports Betting - Basketball

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NBA season is starting soon. I have never placed a bet on basketball before in pokerstars. Kindly educate a newbie.

What does the heading & numbers mean? Any tips for a novice? Thanks guys!

Basket1

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The match betting is just betting on who wins the game so if you placed a dollar bet on Cazoo and they won the game you would get 1.50 back. Cazoo is the favorite in the game.
The handicap is the spread. In this case if you placed a dollar bet on Cazoo you would win 1.86 if they won the game by more than 4.5 points. If they lost the game or won by less than 4.5 you would lose the bet. If you bet on the underdog Unicaja you would win if they won the game or lost by less than 4.5 points.
Total points or over/under is simple. You are just betting on whether the total points in the game will be over or under 170.5. If you bet 1 dollar on the over for example and you win you will get 1.85 back.

I just look for lowest rake when I place my daily freebet every day. Lately it has been spread or points in NFL at 4.5 percent. When NBA regular season starts hopefully rake will go down to 4.5 percent as well. In your example the rake on points would be 7.5 percent (not so good). I always just use a random number generator to make my picks.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In your example you see 1.85 as the factor for points. So if you placed a one dollar bet on the over and a one dollar bet on the under you would invest 2 dollars to get 1.85 back, The house is taking 15 cents from your 2 dollars so I consider the rake to be 7.5 percent.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@rachelle2291 thanks a lot. appreciate it.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars