Saudi Arabia is ruining football

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everyone spends their money as they see fit, the Arabs can be accused of everything, they just can't be accused of being silly, they wouldn't spend loads of money if it wasn't a good deal. As for the player? I don't think he will, but I don't think it would be a crime if he did.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the Mbappe transfer is successful, it would be amazing.
700M€ as a salary for one year, I might consider the offer and accept it with a big pout ... but only if I have nothing else to do 😄.

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
And it would be better to go while the young would earn money

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't think so ..they do what other teams and countries do but they can offer more .

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello I totally agree Saudi Arabia wants to ruin soccer players with their oil dollars. I hope Mbappe doesn't fall into that trap that would keep him away from the elite of world football

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
So why it is ruined now?
You wouldn't say anything if a European Club would offer that kind of money.
#Islamophobia

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Money rules the world, even though we might not like it.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So why it is ruined now?
You wouldn't say anything if a European Club would offer that kind of money.
#Islamophobia
I would've said exactly the same thing if the Chinese Basketball League offered that kind of money to get Luka Doncic or Nikola Jokic.

the same thing if a spanish MMA organization tried to sign Israel Adesanya or Jon Jones.

The best players at their prime have to play in the top leagues like the Uefa Champions League, NBA, MLB, NFL, UFC

Saudi Arabia has no tradition in football. They are known for being a world cup punching bag, reaching the World Cup knockout rounds only once. There is not a single saudi player in a top european league.

So you sound very ignorant accusing me of Islamophobia, when it is a fact they suck at football and their league is shite.

Last edited:
john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Jokes are jokes, but the Saudi Arabian championship has become more intriguing without Mbappe than it was a year ago. Yes, Cristiano Ronaldo set the trend. And many top footballers in their prime decided to join this summer (Milinkovic-Savic, Jordan Henderson, Fabinho, Sadio Mane, Alex Telles, Sekou Fofana, Ruben Neves, Karim Benzema, Eduard Mendy, Marcelo Brozovic...) and I think now the Saudi Arabian Championship will not be inferior, for example, to the Portuguese Championship in its entertainment and intrigue! And that's great! :cool:(y)

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's the next Chinese super league. Let's see how good the league is in 3 years. Just buying top players, most of them near the end of their career, doesn't create a great, or sustainable league.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's the next Chinese super league. Let's see how good the league is in 3 years. Just buying top players, most of them near the end of their career, doesn't create a great, or sustainable league.
The fact of the matter is that the Chinese Super League did not buy top players in such quantity as clubs from Saudi Arabia have done now. And these players who have moved to Saudi clubs are not at the end of their careers, but in their prime. Yes, some of them, like Cristiano Ronaldo, are no longer in their prime, or Jordan Henderson, for example, but the rest are the leading players of their national teams. I think Saudi Arabia has enough money to bring in top players for decades. It will be a kind of oasis in the middle of the soccer desert among other clubs from other East African countries. :eek::unsure:

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Buying Top players for a lot of money doesn't guarantee success. Look at PSG, a Qatar owned club which spent billions of dollars to win the Champions League. Mbappe, Neymar, Messi and others wanted more than "only"to be French champion.
What else than money is the motivation to play in Saudi Arabia. Or will there be a middle east / Chinese Champions League founded in the next years..

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In fact it is nothing new, not long ago it was not Saudi Arabia but China that provided this movement to pay millions and bring several stars of world football.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
money talks... unfortunately... and more and more top footballers are leaving Europe for Saudi money

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
MONEY has ruined Football, once a sport enjoyed by many schoolboy in my younger days, where most of us could see a match for the price close to our pocket money, but today you would need a 2nd mortgage to follow your local team for a full season.
Thankyou but I can play Poker for a lot less money and spend hours of gameplay, instead of paying through the nose to see Pre-Madonna's chase a ball around a pitch for 90 minutes, No Thanks!

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
MONEY has ruined Football, once a sport enjoyed by many schoolboy in my younger days, where most of us could see a match for the price close to our pocket money, but today you would need a 2nd mortgage to follow your local team for a full season.
Thankyou but I can play Poker for a lot less money and spend hours of gameplay, instead of paying through the nose to see Pre-Madonna's chase a ball around a pitch for 90 minutes, No Thanks!
Now that Saudi clubs are in for the best players, I am sure they will suggest another Super League, so the best teams in Europe will play against Saudi clubs.
The Super League never happened thanks to protests from fans , I just hope the fans will protest even louder if this is the next thing.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FIFA already ruined football. However, accepting money from a murderous autocratic dictator is a sleazy pill to swallow. Don't understand why so many celebrity athletes have no moral compass, that's what surprises me the most.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
FIFA already ruined football. However, accepting money from a murderous autocratic dictator is a sleazy pill to swallow. Don't understand why so many celebrity athletes have no moral compass, that's what surprises me the most.

Receiving $100 millions is worth more than their moral compass. Their families are good for life. They just don't care about what people think.

Now if it was me , a simple peasant, I could understand it, but when you're already a multi millionaire with a big fortune that will last a life time, I don't get it.
Sure I would like to replace my old private jet with a new jet and luxury problems like that. :rolleyes:

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I`dont think he will join them maybe after 10 years

dajallina

dajallina

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
You're not going to do anything about it. Every footballer has a price. Football will be reborn as a purely amateur sport.