Saudi Arabia is ruining football

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Mbappe is still too young to leave Europe.Maybe he could play there before the retire.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
The Saudi regime want to take Sports washing to the next level. The truth is they are trying to be accepted by the whole world as a modern society and a tourist destination for everyone. Than you know that LGBT are not welcome, it's actually illegal. That equality does not exist for women .

Still they invite the best football players in the world and think they can jus start a league and life is normal. The players themselves do not care as the money is there for them to take.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
i dont blame the Saudi Arabia they got tons of money and its only logical for them to try spend it attracting tourists and finding new ways to earn money in a future where oil could become less and less popular , i blame these footballers who are welcoming the highest bidders no matter who it is, old generations used to play for the shirt and team they love and represent now new generations only care about only one thing and thats money doesnt matter the means of getting it....

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
He's not going anywhere, he's not gotten anything in club football yet (and there's a street league and big money there). He wants to be the best, he needs to play in europe for a good club.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Only time will tell if Mbappe is a greedy player or not.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Arabs are buying world football stars as if they were circus attractions

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my humble opinion this player is complete, but what they want to pay for him is something very absurd!:eek::eek:

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Football goes where money is.

Last edited:
B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some might say the same thing with regards to golf as well

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
They are not ruining football they are just shifting the balance of power.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For the sake of football, I hope Mbappe declines the offer.
Saudi Arabia is not ruining anything, they are free to spend their money the way they want !
It's up to the players and clubs to make the right decisions for the game sake away from being money oriented. That's how they can discourage Saudis and the like from using their "Oil-dollars" in a what's supposed to be a sport environment.
It is also time for FIFA and all the international federations to come up with some new regulations in that regard.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
And Al-Hilal offered a salary of $700 million a year. Yep... Are they ruining soccer? No. It's normal for a soccer player to have a dilemma: play in a European top club or play in a Saudi Arabian club and make a lot of money. A great example: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. The player is 27 years old. He played at Lazio and could have moved to a top club from the English Premier League (for example). But the player chose the financial side of soccer. That's fine. But the Saudi Arabian championship will be watched more. :cool::geek:

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What they want is to take the best to teach football

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Soccer as we know it is dying out and we are all unfortunately contributing to it because of oil.
I'm waiting for when Canal+ or some other TV broadcaster will start showing the Arab leagues as a main feature

A

Ace of Spad3s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
Saudi Arabia is ruining *your image of* football.

There, fixed it for you.

In all honesty I don't like it either. All those stars leaving for the Saudi league is a shame as I am not watching that league. But european clubs simply can't compete with the financial power these Saudi clubs dangle in front of players noses...

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It became known that Mbappe did not fly with PSG to Japan for the traditional pre-season training camp. What could be the reason? Do not count on Mbappe in PSG anymore? :eek::unsure:

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
It became known that Mbappe did not fly with PSG to Japan for the traditional pre-season training camp. What could be the reason? Do not count on Mbappe in PSG anymore? :eek::unsure:
Because the club is sure Mbappé will leave PSG.
Was also stated by them

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
PSG gave Mbappe everything and tried to make Paris his home for his entire career(great conditions, great salary...) but this extremely talented player cares pretty much only about money* LOTS and LOTS of MONEY(don't forget that PSG wants to sell this player because he wants to stay with the club this year just to get the extra 100 million euro and then sign for free with other club and get a huge signing bonus from that club too- probably Real Madrid* PSG was pretty much scammed by this player...); so I wouldn't be surprised if he would accept an unreal offer from a Saudi Arabia club... loyalty is a rare thing in football nowadays and some players look more like mercenaries then actual football club players that want to find a 'home' and try to represent the colors of their club to their best abilities each time they're on the pitch...

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They're building their own football...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I win the Sunday Million on Stars... they tell me I can have $70,000 or $332,000. Which would I take? :unsure:

If it was me... I would think of all the people I could help, the difference I could make in other's lives & good things I could do for the planet. I'd take the cash.
Also, life is unpredictable - unforeseen circumstances can change things instantly.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Football is a "sportswashing" tool to improve their public image and divert focus from other issues (such as crimes committed by the government and human rights).

High investment in football is a state policy in Saudi Arabia:

Nasser Al-Khelaïfi
- PSG (owner)
Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Manchester City (owner)
- Mumbai City (participation)
- New York City FC (participation)
- Melbourne City FC (participation)
- Yokohama F. Marinos (participation)
- Club Atlético Torque (participation)
- Girona (participation)
- Sichuan Jiuniu (participation)
Mohammad bin Salman
- Newcastle (owner)

The Vision 2030 project is a unique transformative economic and social reform blueprint that is opening Saudi Arabia up to the world. It is a series of architectural and technological projects to try to change this image and one of these points, within an idea of "soft power" is football.

Saudi Arabia is currently investing in other sectors because of the possibility of oil losing strength as the main energy matrix. This makes the country seek other forms of international insertion and wealth production.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Because the club is sure Mbappé will leave PSG.
Was also stated by them
Today it became known that PSG head coach Luis Enrique is not happy with the fact that the club's management suspended Mbappe from the Asian tour. Luis Enrique also believes that Mbappe is simply necessary for PSG in the upcoming season, as he will be able to really strengthen the team. Well... we follow this difficult situation. :eek:o_O