For the "pro" wrestling fans...

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always liked it. I KNOW ITS FAKE. lol

I just want to see If there's any Cardschatters that like wrestling and If you do, which do you like better....WWE or TNA?

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always liked it. I KNOW ITS FAKE. lol

I just want to see If there's any Cardschatters that like wrestling and If you do, which do you like better....WWE or TNA?

Many years ago, in the mid 1970's, I was in Charlotte. It was right after my first college degree, I took a job at the Charlotte paper just to pass time during the summer before going back for my master's.

Back in those days wrestling was held in high school gyms or other small places. Arenas were out of the question.

I was in a bar one evening when Greg Valentine and Ric Flair came in. Being a northerner I had no idea who they were but they sat down at the table with me and, many drinks and hours later, I was talked into not only going to see them wrestle but to take part.

So the next evening I went to some dinky gym, there were maybe 200 people there at the most. I had a nice ringside seat and orders to come out of the crowd once Flair threw his opponent near me (can't remember the opponent, he was never a star) and then I was to "smash" him in the head with my shoe (a tennis shoe) which would "render him insensible" and then I was to "help" him back in the ring while Flair kept the referee occupied so Flair could put on the figure 4 and win.

Well, it's a good thing I went with Flair back to the dressing room area, otherwise the crowd would have killed me. Those people evidently didn't understand that it wasn't real.

The only televised wrestling I really liked was the old WCW, before Nitro, when it was aired on the weekends. It was always on TBS with Gordon Solie as the announcer and it was just great.

The WWE lost me when it became PG rated. When it became more about the act and less about the wrestling. TNA definitely is not PG rated, it's fairly close to R rated at times.

What I'm curious about is whether TNA can attract the proper audience (18-39) that advertisers want while competing with WWE on Monday nights. If they can then WWE will be forced to actually care about the product they present to the viewers and in person audiences.

I'm hoping TNA becomes real competition. They already have the far better wrestling and personalities. As long as all the old guys Hogan is dragging in there only stay long enough to put over the newer ones, it will work. If they depend on the old guys winnings matches and belts, it will fail.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use to be a big fan.. I haven't really watched it in the last 5 years, though.

Had front row seats to a WWE/F event in 1988, when I was 6 years old. Best time I ever had! Was also at the taping of the first part of the movie, "No Holds Barred" with Hulk Hogan.

Went to about 3 more WWE/F events after that. A WWF Raw event in October 1997, In Your House show in July 2000, and won free tickets (6th row, and backstage passes to meet Rhyno, Ultimo Dragon, and Chavo Guerrero, Jr.) in February 2004 at a Smackdown event.

TNA was good when it first came out in 2003-2004.. but it's pretty much turned into WCW now with Sting and now the NWO again. Bleh.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've followed it at various stages, pretty much always the WWF/WWE.

We were huge into it when we were kids, around the time of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Jake the Snake, Demolition... good times.

Caught up with it again at the height of the Stone Cold / Rock / Undertaker / Mankind era, lost track around the time of the merger with WCW and haven't really paid much attention since.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IT'S FAKE please say you're joking

Y

yankeenut23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to like it back in the days of George the animal steel and super fly snuka...Andre the giant....Ahhhh the good old days!

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to watch wrestling when I was a kid back in the days of Bruno Sammartino, Professor Turo Tanaka, Killer Kowalski, Mr. Fuji, Hans Mortier, Chief Jay Strongbow, Haystacks Calhoun and others. :p :D

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch it when I can. It's been pretty entertaining lately. Bret Hart made his return after 12 years and the whole Montreal screw job debacle. He is suppose to run with it until Wrestlemania at the end of march. a Vince vs Bret story line is in the works.

If you didn't see the 1-4-10 episode of raw, catch it on youtube. The encounter between HBK and Bret was really good.

Meh, I'll just post it.

If you know anything about the montreal screw job, you know that this is a big deal.

YouTube- Bret Hart Confronts Shawn Michaels ! WWE RAW 1/4/10 (HQ)

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched it all the time back 15-20 years ago then i quit watching for a about 3-4 years and now watch WWE, even though TNA had a few of my favorite wrestlers. I don't watch it so much for the wrestling, i DVR it then fast forward through commercials and boring matches. I like the entertainment angle the interviews, the confrontaions.

Back in the day my favorite wrestlers were New Age Outlaws, I have always wished WWE would bring them back but with Road Dogg's drug problems knew it wouldn't happen. Their little opening was great back when they were part of DX.

YouTube- new age outlaws 3ala rasi

And who could forget some classic Rock moments

YouTube- The Rock - Best Quotes and Sayings

YouTube- The rock funny moments

Oh and don't forget Stone Cold Steve Austin

YouTube- Stone Cold with a Beer truck (HD)

YouTube- Austin Fills Mcmahon's Corvette With Cement

Steves22

Steves22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not me personally but my brother is really into it. He has been watching it since he was little boy and he is like 40 now. I been to some events with him like WCW nitro in the past and I got into. I don't watch it now though. But I know it's huge.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im automatic im in this so i hear you boys you finished like a soldier, and i stay under you fighting plus im storming on you chums like im thunder and lightning aint no way you break your knee kid, im hard as nails, YOU CANNOT SEE MY BITCH

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was into wrestling more in the 1980's with the dawn of Wrestlemania. I probably stopped watching not long after WCW folded. I'm a big Booker T fan.....I've always found him funny, and the "spinerooni" to me is hilarious.

I rarely watch anymore, just not really that into it. I don't have the time to be that interested.

I did watch a full episode of TNA the other week (when Hulk Hogan made his debut). Pretty entertaining, but it just doesn't hold my interest anymore.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was into wrestling more in the 1980's with the dawn of Wrestlemania. I probably stopped watching not long after WCW folded. I'm a big Booker T fan.....I've always found him funny, and the "spinerooni" to me is hilarious.

I rarely watch anymore, just not really that into it. I don't have the time to be that interested.

I did watch a full episode of TNA the other week (when Hulk Hogan made his debut). Pretty entertaining, but it just doesn't hold my interest anymore.

Al Bino, your time is up my time is now

C

cheermom48017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U F C

The ultimate fighting championship is much better than any wrestling because its real and very exciting.I guess wrestling (WWE) isnt bad if you are a 10 to 14 year old boy lol!!!:p !!!

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha omg , man when i was youngeR i adored The undertaker .. When he lost a casket match against JBL i thought he died 4 real and shit haha ! :)

Although i cant stand it annymore .. John cena ruined it for me .. First i liked him when he was the US champ but when he changed to what he is now , couldnt stand him nor the WWE.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
John cena ruined it for me .. First i liked him when he was the US champ but when he changed to what he is now , couldnt stand him nor the WWE.

Agreed about Cena. While I think he is a decent wrestler and I've seen him have some great matches, the WWE is hanging their hat on him and using his "PG babyface" image at the face of the company. The WWE needs to get back to the PG13 shows that it was back when DX was running wild and Stone cold was the man. Wrestling fans are getting fed up with the clean cut WWE and Cena is the leader of that pack.

KICKIN_ACES

KICKIN_ACES

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always been a big wrestling fan, I saw plenty of matches back in the day at Madison Square Garden when the WWE was the WWWF. I agree the new WWE is kinda boring & hope the deal with Hogan & TNA finally gets them back to what made them the #1 wrestling organization now that they may have to compete with someone.

I am not to sure I am going to like the TNA storyline with HULK because the NWO & that group of clowns is what ruined it for WCW ,but that remains to be seen where this storyline is going.

That match on Monday night between Kurt Angle & A.J Styles was one of the best "wrestling" matches I've seen in a long time I hope they have a lot more of those type matches & less with the theatrics.

Steves22

Steves22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ultimate fighting championship is much better than any wrestling because its real and very exciting.I guess wrestling (WWE) isnt bad if you are a 10 to 14 year old boy lol!!!:p !!!

I am not even that big of a wrestling fan but I wholeheartedly disagree with this opinion. Even though wrestling is just a show at least it is somewhat entertaining I mean I can really find some humor in it that makes me laugh pretty hard. UFC and all MMA I find to be extremely boring most of the time. Im not gonna say all fights but many of them are very hard to watch. Once it goes to ground too it gets really bad for me. Now I definately understand how hard it would be if they just went at each other for 10 minutes straight I mean I fought for two minutes and I was completely exhausted but it just needs to be spiced up for me there is not enough action.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think ive made enough John Cena related posts, also, the undertaker is a dumbass loser, he must have a real chit life, how can he possibly live a normal life outside the wwe, if you knwow what im getting at? Hes the undertaker and just doesnt seem like he could be normal