poker vs sports betting

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both, I probably win more on sports betting than I do on poker, although I bet more on sports betting than I do on poker. Only football, mostly lower league Scottish Football, were I have good knowledge and good sources.

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Which do you prefer?Sports betting or poker? Why?
Poker, obviously...

The influence of the luck on poker is smaller than the influence of the luck on sports betting.

If you are betting on sports, you are putting all your money in a luck based in what is more probably to happen or in what is more profitable if happens.

But you can study and pratice poker to be a great player and win championships or big pots in cash games, for example.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, it's only poker, because I can make money in poker. It depends on me whether to make money or not. Sports betting doesn't depend much on you, it depends more on luck.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I bet on sports and nothing depends on you, it all depends on luck, and poker is a game of mind and drops of luck, here you decide everything yourself, it all depends on your skill and patience, discipline, so I give 100% preference to poker

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello :)
I prefer poker because I usually lose money betting on sports. My bankroll actually only grows through tournaments.

simon307

simon307

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Formerly always sports betting (soccer). Today I only play value bets, poker every day.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer poker. Don't know much about sports betting.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Before, I used to bet a lot and basically lost everything. I bet for fun, that is, I had no system, no prior analysis and mostly it led to negative results. Now I only play poker and my results are significantly better. At least my bankroll is no longer decreasing but gradually increasing :)

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I definitely like poker much more than betting. In poker I play and I have fun betting, you just do it and you have to wait for someone else to win or lose. I only bet with the tickets that pokerstars gives away every day and sometimes I have won betting on football

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are two very different things, one is a game that involves strategy, skill and luck, the other is a game that involves pure luck.

andy1996

andy1996

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Betting does not bring such pleasure as poker. Therefore, the choice is obvious

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Definitely Poker!
In any type of Sports betting, you are relying on other people playing the way you want them play whether it's Football, Rugby or even Horse Racing, any number of factors can alter the results you are expecting.
In Football you can blame the Team or a single player, The Referee or Linesmen, even the Manager of the Team can and does come under fire for miss-management
But in Poker it is down to how you play that can mean the difference between Success and Failure. Lose and you have no one to blame but yourself, Win and it was you that was the better player on the day.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when there is no time to sit on the Internet, you can bet on sports and take a walk, and in poker you need to sit at the computer, think, restrain emotions, wait patiently for a good card and do not forget to develop, so POKER IS SAFELY BETTER

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker, i have only me to blame if i make a bad call, sports betting can be influenced by the striped guys and they can really hurt your bet

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
poker, i'm terrible at sports betting

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars