Phillies Fan Tased After Running Onto Field

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ see my first post ITT, i also said something about the father and son back in 2002, two great minds think alike :D and i mentioned the kid calling his dad too ;)

LOL, I basically skimmed the thread and really only got the jist of what was being said. I saw your post the second time through.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, I basically skimmed the thread and really only got the jist of what was being said. I saw your post the second time through.

haha i was jus sayin its weird how ur the only other person who thought of the father and son besides me ;)

skimming through threads FTW!

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha i was jus sayin its weird how ur the only other person who thought of the father and son besides me ;)

skimming through threads FTW!

And were both named Brian! How wierd! lol

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is too much anger with you people. why does he deserve to be tased. Most of you could not tell that he didn't intend on hurting other people. i remember when the guy jumped the first base coach. you could see his intent. He ran strait to him. this kid didn't run strait for a player. he was just running on the field. i do believe he should be punished by fines and a night in jail but he could have been seriously injured.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is too much anger with you people. why does he deserve to be tased. Most of you could not tell that he didn't intend on hurting other people. i remember when the guy jumped the first base coach. you could see his intent. He ran strait to him. this kid didn't run strait for a player. he was just running on the field. i do believe he should be punished by fines and a night in jail but he could have been seriously injured.

Serious injury is the risk you take when you BREAK THE LAW.

Next time he wont be an idiot. I can guarantee you that.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

True, when the guy jumped the 1st base coach, the intent was more obvious. But it's faulty logic to conclude that just because this guy ran around a bit, and fleeing from apprehension, that he would not have harmed anyone. After reviewing the link (3rd video down), he was not really surrounded, and was even making his way toward/past the 2nd baseman.

I don't think most people feel he should be tased as 'punishment', but rather to subdue him as a precaution - not a jolt to send someone to the hospital. I did say in a previous post that there ought to be settings on a taser. So no anger here. But if he's capable of running onto the field, we can't assume his intentions are harmless until proven otherwise. I feel there needs to be a zero tolerance, and let 'fans' know it.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the "old days" the cops would have pulled him into a room and beat the crap out of him, teenage or not. By comparison, the tazing is less severe. A lot of teens are under the illusion that they are insulated from a physical threat because of their age and then one day reality sets in.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is too much anger with you people.

Oh the irony. Sorry jay but I can't resist. A Raider's fan promoting peace and love? :eek: Don't the "Black Hole" folks beat the crap out of at least one fan a year who roots for the opposition?:p Btw if this kid's father could not talk him out of pulling a stupid stunt like this, then he deserves some time in the pokey as well.

T

Tonawanda

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Judgement Call?

All Police Departments should have written policies and procedures directing their officers on the proper use of all levels of force. This is part of one example'
7. ECDs may be used:

a. ECDs should only be used against persons who are actively resisting or exhibiting active aggression, or to prevent individuals from harming themselves or others: 1) ECDs may be used when force is legally justified to prevent the reasonably foreseeable

threat or actual attempted assault, battery, and/or injury to officers, other person, and/or the subject; or

2) In cases where officer / subject factors reasonably indicate that the officers, offender, and/or other person(s) likely be endangered by the use of passive and/or active force by the subject; and

3) It is understood that deployments against humans may be very dynamic in nature and the probes may impact unintended areas.

to display the ECD’s "test arc" or "painting the subject with the ECD’s laser” in attempting to gain compliance of the subject where resistance, assault, and/or violence is reasonably anticipated.
during Department authorized training programs and/or demonstrations.

A short simplified reason for taser use is:

To reduce and minimize altercation-related injuries to officers and suspects, the
Department authorizes the use of selected less-lethal control devices. Such devices
are provided in order to control non-compliant, potentially violent, and actively resistive
suspects in order to prevent an escalation of the situation. The use of these devices will
result in fewer altercation-related injuries to officers and suspects.

The taser has likely saved more lives and serious injuries to both subjects, and officers attempting to make an arrest than injuries and deaths resulting from the proper use of the taser.

The following is a simplified example of the various levels of force available to police officers.

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]The Force Continuum
[/FONT]Deadly Force
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica] Less Lethal (rubber bullets)
[/FONT] Pepper Spray, Baton, Taser
Empty Hand Control
Verbal Commands
Officer Presence

Although you can make a case for the taser's use in this situation, and is probably reasonable under the PD policy and procedures, I think its highly unlikely that it will be used again under similar circumstances.

Last edited:
jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh the irony. Sorry jay but I can't resist. A Raider's fan promoting peace and love? :eek: Don't the "Black Hole" folks beat the crap out of at least one fan a year who roots for the opposition?:p Btw if this kid's father could not talk him out of pulling a stupid stunt like this, then he deserves some time in the pokey as well.
lmao. i forgot about the raiders avatar. i know but i am not like most raiders fans. i am a humanitarian lol. dont get me wrong. i love to tailgate, paint my face, and razz the opponent but dang tasing? to each his own though. just one person needs to quit talking to me. he knows who it is. it isn't you dawgbones.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao. i forgot about the raiders avatar. i know but i am not like most raiders fans. i am a humanitarian lol. dont get me wrong. i love to tailgate, paint my face, and razz the opponent but dang tasing? to each his own though. just one person needs to quit talking to me. he knows who it is. it isn't you dawgbones.

Well glad you knew i was just tasing...oops...teasing;) :cheers:

T

tylrd8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats stupid...whenever a fan runs onto the field he is surroundedddd by officers and security people so there is hardly any way of getting through them. that wasnt right and in my opinion they could take that into court

Beau Akita

Beau Akita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:flute: "Taze me out to the ball game" :flute:

:laugh: :laugh:

Beau :icon_flow

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's my opinion, for what it's worth. The kid looked harmless...but the security police could not possibly know his intent & whether he had a weapon in his clothing. They have to think and act accordingly, as a protection to themselves, the players & the fans. That is what they are paid to do. The fact that this was not a spur-of-the-moment act because he asked his father first makes it not just a drunken mistake. The taser is perhaps 'too much', but he would not stop when asked repeatedly. The police should be praised rather than condemned.

I think he deserved to be fined heavily & jailed for a night or two and perhaps even banned from returning to the stadium, at least till he grows up emotionally.

As far as looking just like a silly kid...who knew Sept. 11th about the intent to attack the World Trade Center bldgs either just by looking at the people that did it? You cannot judge a book or a person by their outer covers. And you cannot always judge their intent either.:)

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it should be a mandatory punishment for running on the field.

Then if someone did run on the field it wouldn't hold the game up - there would be extra entertainment for everyone!

:)

Randy Johnson should have been tased when he killed that bird with his fastball.

Barry Bonds should be tased for being a cheater. (Tiger Woods too)

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess someone needs to knock on their front doors and taze the two guys who ran next to Hank Aaron :/

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol what about the stanford/Cal game where all of the fans ran out on the field. they all should have been tased for interfering with the game lol