The PGA screw this up

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whistling Straits is a very different golf course, that's why this happened. Rule enforcement in pro golf is incredibly strict. It's usually clear as to what is a bunker and what is not - but because of design, not so clear on this course. Spectators trampling 'waste' areas which are technically considered bunkers just make things worse for the players. I believe there is also a unique spectator issue with this design. On a side note, I took Bubba Watson to win at 100-1. So I'm not exactly pleased about that either. This was supposed to be a tough course, but the pros and spectators tore it to pieces - literally and figuratively.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Means you can't touch the sand with your club before you hit the ball, as in during a practice swing. The reason being is these guys could get a feel of the consistency of the sand, i.e wet, dry etc and adjust their swing accordingly.
Oh that's what i thought ty.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No different than when a card player does not protect his hole cards, it is the players responsibility to know & follow the rules.