*** Official World Cup 2010 Thread ***

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have a month's worth of posts to catch up on so i don't feel all that bad about missing one of them. :p

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest game they're ever reffed previously was probably Um Bongo FC vs Jihad United or something and FIFA really expects them to perform well and not feel the pressure?

LMAO

(Although that said the worst ref was that Spanish douche)

Also, cookie if you can answer this without cheating - only one team in this World Cup were unbeaten. Who?

I believe is was new zealand?

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the officiating note, it still baffles me that they have refs from places like Guatemala and Saudi Arabia and New Zealand and so on. The biggest game they're ever reffed previously was probably Um Bongo FC vs Jihad United or something and FIFA really expects them to perform well and not feel the pressure?

(Although that said the worst ref was that Spanish douche)

The truth is that guy from Uzbekistan was one of the best refs in the WC and the top European refs make unbelievable mistakes over and over in top matches (think Champions League in the past few years).

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this thread is old and dead but I got a shocking news. When North Korea lost to portugal 7-0, I was laughing hard and joked around with my friends if North Korea will send off their players to labor camps. 7 players for 7 goals. We were just joking.

However, few days ago, or week ago, there's a big rumor that North Korean football coach got sent to labor camp due to poor performance of North Korean football team. FIFA started an investigation for this. Politics should NOT interfere with football. If this is true, I hope North Korea gets banned from playing football and pray for the unfortunate people who are dying in that country.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is and old thread and the latest post made me check it out ( thought it might be a newb gettin the post count up ). I truly hope these ' rumours' are false ( though knowing the tool who rules there, they prolly true ) and you are right, politics has no place whatsoever in sports.