*** Official World Cup 2010 Thread ***

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I don't know about anyone elsebut I really fancy holland for the final. Spain have been really poor but lucky, notching a few 1-0's and I can see hollands name on the trophy. What does anyone think for player of the tournament? My picks would be david villa, bastian schweinsteiger and wesley sneijder.

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I don't know about anyone elsebut I really fancy holland for the final. Spain have been really poor but lucky, notching a few 1-0's and I can see hollands name on the trophy.
Before yesterday's game, I would've agreed with that. But Spain finally woke up and showed why they're European champions and favourites before the tournament began. I'll be supporting the Dutch in the final, but it'll be awfully tough for them...

What does anyone think for player of the tournament? My picks would be david villa, bastian schweinsteiger and wesley sneijder.
Off the top of my head - Thomas Müller, Bastian Schweinsteiger, and David Villa.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will indicate that I do not follow too much soccer. I enjoyed watching the Holland semi. Very exciting, so I decided to watch the germany Spanish match....Boring. Way to defensive for my liking.

Lets hop the final is a corker.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad that Spain win.

Now they can be Eurochamps and world champs.

aloneboy_uae

aloneboy_uae

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
spain vs netherland......final or the world cup
i think spain is going to win the world cup
and its the first time spain is playing at final of the world cup
viva la spain

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad that Spain win.
Now they can be Eurochamps and world champs.

Spain could be the second reigning European champions to win the World Cup, after Germany in 1974.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How would u guys line up your dream team of the tournament?
Mine would be something like this:
-----------------Villa-Forlan.
--------Donovan-Snjeder--Muller.
--------Schweinsteiger-Busquet.
---Bronckhorst-Heitinga-Pique-Pantsil
------------------Neur

I know I was saying Busguet was useless a few pages earlier but I really think he has stepped up and has been great defensivly for Spain.

Klose,Gyan,Ozil ect could probably be in there aswell.

8Michael3

8Michael3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
------------------Neur

I know I was saying Busguet was useless a few pages earlier but I really think he has stepped up and has been great defensivly for Spain.

Spain will win! They pulled their socks up and will now be very hard to beat. But football is tricky and the dutch have got God on their side-the cards have been falling for them (look at some of those goals for them! own goals twice and some very very lucky incidents). Spain will have to play against a solid Dutch team; an overwhelming number of supporters; and God!!!!! But, I think they can do it!

And Messi set up alot of goals but didnt score so I think he needs to be in your list!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
------------------Neur

Im 100% sure that this team would win the WC, seeing as they would be playing all games with a extra man:eek:.

---------------Villa-Forlan.
-------------Schweinsteiger
------------------Neur

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Dutch head into the final with a remarkable run of wins, they have won now 14 competitive matches in a row, including all their World Cup qualifying matches, yet they can hardly be considered favourites against a Spanish team which has lost just twice in their last 53 matches.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im not sure who i expect to win or who i want to win, i just the game of football wins, lol :D

Robben, just cut the damn diving will ya :mad:

aloneboy_uae

aloneboy_uae

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
------------------Neur

it seems you like germany team more than any other teams...5 player from german team

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
netherlands and Spain are tactically similar teams against each other. It’s shaping up to be a great match and it might be that little bit of luck that helps decide the eventual winner.I expect it to be close and hope for a few goals in this match.

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spain are technically superior, and they deserved to beat the Germany, but I just cannot fake the genuine exhilaration some sides give you.Football might be entertainment, but the best football is not always the most fun to watch.

This is very true. It is often the mistakes that lead to exciting action - and teams like Spain don't make too many mistakes. They are very skilful and proficient on the ball, but always seem to be playing within themselves - holding something back.

Maybe an early goal from Holland - or even 2 - would force Spain to drop their cautious side and go all out - I would like to see that.

As Holland showed against brazil, they can play well - and win - against teams that are technically superior but who don't turn their superiority into goals.

Holland has a tough hard-working attitude that allies well with their undoubted skill - I think they have an outstanding chance in the final against this Spanish team that is probably better but seems afraid to over-commit.

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Third-place play-off will be palying in hours and in general this match reserves good suprises. I wouldn't easily identify a favourite between Germany and Uruguay. So far no World Cup third place play-off has ever ended in a draw.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you guys think the score will be today in Uruguay-Germany?

I expecting a 3-1 Germany.

tubur69

tubur69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Germany has a better team but I will put my money on Uruguay for 2-1.
Have no idea why just a hunch....
:D;)

8Michael3

8Michael3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought that was one of the better games of the world cup! nice free flowing football from both sides-a few missed opportunities-and some cracking goals!

I heard Boos from the crowd every time Suarez touched the ball, lol. Sometimes people can be soooooo stupid! If it was a South African player that hand balled on the line he would have been called a hero!! same with Ghana!! IMO,and I was supporting Ghana,Suarez was ahero for his country! he did what he had to do to give his side at least a chance of qualifying! The Africans need to grow up and get on with it! If they were clever enough to switch shoes with Uruguay they woulda shutup and enjoyed the good football the match and Suarez had to offer!

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, good game by both sides. If the final is as good we will all be happy.

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely in line with what I predicted before, both sides can leave the World Cup with their heads held high after exceeding expectations in South Africa.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most entertaining game of the whole tournament, a deserved win by Germany and no shame in defeat for Uraguay. I expect the final today to be the exact opposite, Spain are essentially a boring team who defend to the hilt by retaining possesion and score from set pieces. Spain have scored 7 goals where Holland have 12, I don't recall a team scoring so low to get to the final ( in recent years anyway ). I think Netherlands are too fast on the breakaway for Spain and will win 3-1.

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Africans need to grow up and get on with it! If they were clever enough to switch shoes with Uruguay they woulda shutup and enjoyed the good football the match and Suarez had to offer!
And then the Uruguayans (in the same situation) would've booed the Ghanaians. Same goes for every other team. I don't think it's fair to single out the Africans for this. Some fans boo an opposing player for many years for far lesser things...

And anyway, I'm pretty sure the Africans thoroughly enjoyed themselves, since the "right" team won. ;)

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And then the Uruguayans (in the same situation) would've booed the Ghanaians. Same goes for every other team. I don't think it's fair to single out the Africans for this. Some fans boo an opposing player for many years for far lesser things...

And anyway, I'm pretty sure the Africans thoroughly enjoyed themselves, since the "right" team won. ;)

I would never boo a player who did that to my team, he did what he had to do! I would blame the player of my team who missed the penalty!

I guess it's a matter of perspective...