*** Official World Cup 2010 Thread ***

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far, not so good after 35 minutes. Started OK but they are now cancelling each other out. We need a goal!

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First half ended, nothing for both, so far game can be on anyone.

Still want Spain Win.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, first 10 minutes was really good. FWIW, I see the netherlands going at 4.75:1 (for a win after 90 minutes), which I think are pretty good odds for a bet. I wouldn't take the 2:1 of Spain. I think they're more closely matched than that.

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just when I was getting used to the unrelenting noise of the vuvuzela trumpets the World Cup is over.
Seriously the noise was really annoying during the first matches but I got in someway used to it, same for you?

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me be the first to announce it because I noticed that nobody has done it yet in this thread:
Spain have won the World Cup!

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously the noise was really annoying during the first matches but I got in someway used to it, same for you?
The only reason you got "used" to it, is because they turned it down in the audio feed...

And congratulations to Spain on their first World Cup. The better team in a terrible final. And congratulations to new zealand as the only unbeaten team in the entire tournament. :p

And now, bring on the Premier League. Please.

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats to Spain. They deserved it. Hopefully in 4 more years the USA can do a little better. Hopefully, not in the same bracket as Ghana.

8Michael3

8Michael3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I caused a family upset! I lost my voice for Spain and I'm glad they won. My pops was very upset-I dont know why he supports Holland because he supports Barcelona. The best team won, IMO. Man oh man the atmosphere was good here in SA! I was so proud to be South African during the closing ceremony bec ause the Bush especially the Kruger Park is one of the highlights for anyone visiting SA and I loved the Elephants coming down to the water hole for a drink. Congrats South Africa on a great world cup - a new team name on the cup - and now looking forward to brazil!

Unlucky for all you Vuvuzela haters because Brazil has ordered a few million for the next world cup! lol!

A

Aceslevin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats to the Spain on the victory, and hope you were kidding about Brazil ordering those annoying Vuvezelas'. I can understand if your from South Africa it's part of your heritage, but honestly they really ruined the game. No disrespect to your country whatsoever, just it wasnt the same with all the clatter in the background.! Obvi if over half the world was complaining about them, they must have been annoying!! No wonder the people who sold earplugs at the stadium became overnight success stories..lol , no Really!
Ban those things from every world cup ongoing in the future..please for the sake of football and humanity! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

the rest of the teams should probably not even show up in Brazil in 2014, most obvi the Brazilians cannot and will not lose in their home country..:eek: :D :hello: :santaclau

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad for the win of Spain, very exciting last minutes on the game, but still like mention before germany-Spain was the true final game.

Holland play so dirty this game, they forget to play football and instead just go and kick everyone all the game, they deserve to lose, 26 or something fauls come on, game have to be stop so many times but that refeere have a lot of fault too, the guy who kick in the chest deserved a red card instantly, they where lucky that only 1 player was expelled because easy could be 2 or 3 out.

I like how Holland play other games but in this they really suck.

Great that Spain is the worldcup champions.

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the rest of the teams should probably not even show up in Brazil in 2014, most obvi the Brazilians cannot and will not lose in their home country..:eek: :D :hello: :santaclau

They did the last time, against Uruguay.

Congratulations to Spain! :congrats:

wolfie

wolfie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad for the win of Spain, very exciting last minutes on the game, but still like mention before Germany-Spain was the true final game.

Holland play so dirty this game, they forget to play football and instead just go and kick everyone all the game, they deserve to lose, 26 or something fauls come on, game have to be stop so many times but that refeere have a lot of fault too, the guy who kick in the chest deserved a red card instantly, they where lucky that only 1 player was expelled because easy could be 2 or 3 out.

I like how Holland play other games but in this they really suck.

Great that Spain is the worldcup champions.

Its really difficult to play against a spanish team with 12 players !
every foul even small ones got a yellow card for holland , most fouls of
spain where waved away, and even the offside goal was awarded to
the spanish.
i think webber will have had a nice gift from the spanish team before the match.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im not sure who i expect to win or who i want to win, i just the game of football wins, lol :D

Robben, just cut the damn diving will ya :mad:

^^^^ he didn't and karma won :)

Van Bommel & de Jong were lucky to stay on the pitch and Holland with such skillful players shot themselves in the foot but deciding to dump any footballing thoughts in the bin.

Not a great game to watch but, finals rarely are, glad Spain won the and vuvuzelas have ended :)

SilentJay

SilentJay

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the spanish.
i think webber will have had a nice gift from the spanish team before the match.
What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

Holland was lucky to not get a second red card (at least), played dirty for most of the game, and Spain's goal wasn't even close to offside.

I was for Holland at the start, but switched allegiance after a while. Terrible, disappointing display from the Dutch. Spain were the deserved winners.

aloneboy_uae

aloneboy_uae

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
End of world cup

Champion :spain
golden ball:forlan
golden shoe:muller
best golkeeper :casillas

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the spanish.

This...
What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

Holland was lucky to not get a second red card (at least), played dirty for most of the game, and Spain's goal wasn't even close to offside.

I was for Holland at the start, but switched allegiance after a while. Terrible, disappointing display from the Dutch. Spain were the deserved winners.
Don´t you see the replays? no offside in the goal, player was ahead in first play but when is touch to him is in good position.

12 players Spain?, please so much fauls that not count from Holland, like i say the kick in chest was a red instantly, when Holland make offside the refeere stop the play and player from holland keep playing and trow the ball to the gate after the wisthle, that was a yellow and the guy should be expelled too because already have one yellow.

Holland could be better because have the team to do it, but they lose the head and play really stupid, almost work for them, i guess they think tecnically cant beat Spain that´s why they decide to play this way. Holland was the dirty team in the worldcup, most fauls total from all teams, Spain was the cleaness, not something that i say is official stats.

Too bad for Holland, great for Spain, they don´t need to play dirty to try to win.

Last edited:
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I've ever ended up caring less about who won a World Cup final.

I was supporting Holland before the match started, but switched my allegiance to Spain as soon as it became obvious that Van Bommel and De Jong were trying to murder people. Then I switched back when Iniesta started his ridiculous diving, and then I switched back as more Spaniards nearly got killed and so on and so forth.

I ended up not caring at all. I did think it was hilarious that the Dutch had the nerve to have a go at the ref when they should have been down to 9 men by half-time and 8 by the end though.

All in all it was a pretty average World Cup. Lots of people either seem to think it was awesome or terrible, and as is usually the case with these things I find myself lying straight down the middle.

R

rhulp1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shitty game but congrets to spain and the jong should be banned for life

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was a really boring and crap match, spain did deserve the win tho so congrats to spain

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I've ever ended up caring less about who won a World Cup final.

I was supporting Holland before the match started, but switched my allegiance to Spain as soon as it became obvious that Van Bommel and De Jong were trying to murder people. Then I switched back when Iniesta started his ridiculous diving, and then I switched back as more Spaniards nearly got killed and so on and so forth.

I ended up not caring at all. I did think it was hilarious that the Dutch had the nerve to have a go at the ref when they should have been down to 9 men by half-time and 8 by the end though.

All in all it was a pretty average World Cup. Lots of people either seem to think it was awesome or terrible, and as is usually the case with these things I find myself lying straight down the middle.

About the final my feelings are quite the same.

Looking at the WC overall I think the South Africans have done a great job.

Many thought they couldn't organize it - well it seems they could :icon_salu.

aloneboy_uae

aloneboy_uae

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worst game of the world cup ..spain vs netherland...
they didnt play football at all

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This past World Cup should be remembered primarily for the losers than the winners. Elite players who never materialized, top favorite teams early exits, think England considered as being the motherland of football, or Brazil a heartbeat field of talented world class players.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A Synopsis of what this World Cup will be remembered for.

Good organization.
Terrible officiating.
No outstanding team
No oustanding player
Poorest final in years
Dream team disasters
A return to the 'dive' system to obtain fouls
Those awefull bloody horns.

Assuming anyone besides the Spanish will remember anything at all.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A Synopsis of what this World Cup will be remembered for.

Good organization.
Terrible officiating.
No outstanding team
No oustanding player
Poorest final in years
Dream team disasters
A return to the 'dive' system to obtain fouls
Those awefull bloody horns.

Assuming anyone besides the Spanish will remember anything at all.

half-empty stadiums
lol italy
lol france
those insane 5 minutes in spain v paraguay
those insane 2 minutes in uruguay v ghana

On the officiating note, it still baffles me that they have refs from places like Guatemala and Saudi Arabia and New Zealand and so on. The biggest game they're ever reffed previously was probably Um Bongo FC vs Jihad United or something and FIFA really expects them to perform well and not feel the pressure?

(Although that said the worst ref was that Spanish douche)

Also, cookie if you can answer this without cheating - only one team in this World Cup were unbeaten. Who?