Official Superbowl 2011 Game Day Thread

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weeee - my first superbowl since I have learned to understand - and more importantly - love the game!! I am so excited. I know the game, I know the players, I know the teams and how they got there.

Where are you guys watching the game?

Joe and I are going to a Superbowl party held by a couple he works with who are friends. Loads of the people we know whom he works with will be there - and he works with an awesome bunch of people.

We are starting about 4:30 - loads of food and drink. I need to make some yummy pig in the blankets to take. (I actually grill the little things hehe and they are soooo good).

And to make it even better I am still walking on cloud 9 after my big tournament win last night. The whole party will have to listen to me boast!

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't it great?! It's like waking up on Christmas morning - except better, at least for me. hehe Sadly, this Super Bowl will be (hopefully, cuz I can't imagine any sadder) my worst SB ever. At least I'll be able to watch it. But I don't wanna hijack this thread, especially not so early, so maybe I'll post it in the lounge.

We'll watch it at home. Gonna make a pot of my homemade chili, which is a comfort fooding tradition for me. Last time I went to a SB party, it started out encouragingly enough with most peeps sporting NFL jerseys, including my own proud Elway orange crush jersey. By kickoff, all the guys were playing foosball, and the chicks were playing 500 rummy. I was more than happy for my prime seat in the living room, but it wasn't the same. The party was partly salvaged by a halftime guest that brought a couple huge trays of powerful Jello shots.

Glad you've finally found a new true love. Maybe you'll be ready for our Fantasy Football league this year. Enjoy the game! :D

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill be watching the game from my house with my roommies. maybe go to the bars but prob just stay here.

enjoy!

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live poker @ 2pm at a friends, then back home with my 3 - 15 year old boys to watch game.

JasonD1014

JasonD1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm heading over to my friends house to watch it. Junk food, Beer and Football!!! Doesn't get much better than that. Lets Go Packers!!!
:beer:
:party:

Attachments

• greenbaypackers.jpg
    greenbaypackers.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 53
DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll always remember your first time:p Bend their ears with your tourney tale Debi.:listen: Watching the game at home and grilling chicken and ribs. Throw in some pizza, hot wings, mac & cheese and a few beers just for good measure:eating: :beer: Friend threatened to stop by with his son but won't know till later. Here's to a good game and to loads of funny commercials:icon_chee

Between the Terrible Towels and the Cheeseheads it's going to be a sea of yellow. Enjoy all. Miss the prop bets this year Sox:(

Attachments

• Cheese head.jpg
    Cheese head.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 53
  • terrible towel II.JPG
    terrible towel II.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 53
Hordling

Hordling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm cheering on whichever team can match my Block Pool numbers....

:)

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always watch the Superbowl with family, especially if New England is in it. I will probably watch today's game with my brother.

I think this Superbowl matchup is outstanding. I am rooting for the Steelers and think Big Ben will be the difference in the game. The guy comes to play in these big games and is tough to take down. :eek: :cool: ;)

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still think Pittsburg's D will not be able to stop GB in the 4th. Can't wait for kickoff. Should be one hell of a game.

N

NFLD_REBEL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gonna be a great game, Steelers all the way!!

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
games gettin closer. i dont see too many steeler fans ITT..actually anywhere

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont party too soon. packers are bought to wreck your party haha

norriscjn

norriscjn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im pretty sure big ben is gonna stomp the cheese

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
big ben hasn't stomped anything since he stomped on the grape-stomping lady's head after she fell

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
last time big ben stomped anything was when he was in that bathroom stall

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards