MLB Season is Finally here

L

lennysmalls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We fell a little short tonight but I'll take the series win every time.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great win by the Mets last night jho, but watching the reaction of the Bin Laden news spread in the crowd of the Citizens Bank Park was priceless!!

In other News; Let see if tonight against Det Colon can pitch 8 in like last time, :D

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wanted to pop in and say GO TRIBE GO!

Indians are off to a great start this season.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mets NEEDED that win. It seemed like a pretty epic moment at CBP, but for Mets history the Piazza homer against the Braves after 9/11 is still more epic.

Chris Young looks great, he just needs to stay healthy (fingers crossed). Pelfrey is our worst SP.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liriano just threw a no-hitter against the White Sox!!! Very nice, when the guy pitch for contact he is just another pitcher.....

Edwin Jackson threw 8 ip 1ER for the CHW!!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great job by Liriano. One of the more unlikely no-hitters imo, but still he got the job done.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great job by Liriano. One of the more unlikely no-hitters imo, but still he got the job done.

ya wtf happened to the white sox. gz. :(

11-20 start worst in the majors.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya wtf happened to the white sox. gz. :(

11-20 start worst in the majors.

Yeah, like everybody, I thought they were going to be an offensive machine, not so far....Their batting average is 25th Overall. :confused:

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go Tribe Go!!!
Theyve lost a couple in extra innings lately, but I love how they have been playing. Glad there is something else to occupy myself without poker for a while.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go Tribe Go!!!
Theyve lost a couple in extra innings lately, but I love how they have been playing. Glad there is something else to occupy myself without poker for a while.

:icon_thum to the Tribe, they've been doing a great job. And here I was waiting for a fire sale in mid-summer so my Yankees could get their hands on Fausto Carmona.... that's not going to happen now. We are going to have to trick another team ;)

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, what a difference a couple of years make. Angels Release Scott Kazmir and will eat Kazmir's remaining salary. That total will be the $7MM left on Kazmir's $12MM 2011 salary and the $2.5MM buyout of his 2012 option.

Rembemer when this guy was one of the best lefties in MLB. the Rays made the right move at that time, they just kick the Angels in the *&c( -they sent Sean Rodriguez, Alex Torres, and Matt Sweeney to Tampa Bay. Torres could be the gem of the deal, as he was ranked sixth among Rays prospects by Baseball America prior to the season.

--

One team gotta take a change in this guy, Kazmir is only 27 years old.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indians have looked pretty good this season, though they seem to be going through a bit of a rough patch.

It would be pretty ironic if Kazmir came back to the Mets. We are the home for players to come and completely kill their careers (haha for a long time we were!)

It would be an amazing story if he could fix his mental/arm troubles in NY.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though scouts say he has lost a couple of miles in the fastball, I think it's more of a mental problem with Kazmir, it would be nice if he could go back to his old form.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf happened to Adam Dunn? lolz batting .175 - 7 HRS in 65 games lolz.
At least Konerko is having a monster year.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does Mark Cuban have more "appeal" to MLB now that he won a title?

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban calls the Los Angeles Dodgers' situation a "mess," but he hasn't ruled out making a run at the team if it is put up for sale.

"I have an interest in Major League Baseball for the right deal," Cuban said in an interview with TMZ.com. "But it's just such a mess, right? I can't imagine that it's not going to be such a mess that it's [not] going to make it hard to turn around."

"But if it's just so screwed up, that the pieces are so messed up, that it takes 20 years to fix. ... I mean, there's literally franchises out there that are just in such disarray and such a mess, in multiple leagues, that no one can fix them," he said to TMZ.com.

Still, his desire to own an MLB franchise might be too strong to resist owning even a financially troubled outfit like the Dodgers.

"If the deal is right and they're fixable, then I'm very interested," he said.

Article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6691219

P.S. Jho, you guys gotta let him go....The Mets should trade Reyes, like Yesterday!!!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mets have to do everything they can to resign reyes. It would be tons worse than trading Kazmir.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no way they gave him 150 M. Get the prospects... or you'll only get the drafts picks.

About the Red sUcks, they actually don't suck, an impressive line-up, I don't think the starting pitching will hold come october, but hey, if they score 10 runs a game they won't need shutdown innings from their starters. My poor Yankees, they don't have enough pitching to fight with the Red Sucks :eek: and the worst thing is that after Jeter comes back [Captain Double Play] he is 1st in the lineup AGAIN :thumpdown

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Economy is forcing fans to do a lot of things!!!

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a way to "stick it" to the team that traded him!!

Jho, I just heard your favorite closer Francisco Rodriguez has agreed to waive his $17.5MM vesting option for 2012 in exchange for additional compensation, making him a free agent at the end of the 2011 season. [The Brewers fans are happy with their steal and somewhere in Queens the Mets GM yelled "Son of a B*tch!!!"]

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad KRod is long gone.

And you need to keep in mind that the Mets had zero leverage compared to the Brewers. The Brewers were the new team and they had an established closer in Axford. There would have been absolutely no problem had they relegated KRod to a setup role. If the Mets did that the Player's Association would have filed a complaint and all hell would have broken loose.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the Mets did that the Player's Association would have filed a complaint and all hell would have broken loose.

I'll give you that!! But you gotta say Boras had a plan all alone, if he starts closing for the Brewers and they end up having a great second half, he is going to get a lot of millions in FA.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup it was definitely in BORAS' best interests for KRod to go to free agency. He makes no cash because he didn't commission KRod's last deal if KRod ended up picking up the option year.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beltran is gone jho, that was a great move by the Mets, they could have gotten a lot for Reyes and they blew it....
I loved the Pence deal to the Phillies, I think the Red Sox got jacked by the M's and the Blue Jays got the best of everybody!!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's true they could have gotten a lot for reyes, but if holding onto reyes leads to the mets resigning him, i rather have that than any unknown future prospects.

at least for this year the mets are toast, i've pretty much given up on this season.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reyes want MONEY, I don't think the Mets will offer what he wants...and doubt that he will be in discount mode, they can save that money and invest it when they really find a cornerstone player [not like Zambrano with the cubs] a least they [Mets] will get the draft picks.

I know they want to show the fans they care....forget about putting a good team for 2012 or the year after that, the fans aren't coming, they know they got no change against the pitching monsters of the EAST.