MLB Season is Finally here

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The long anxiously awaited beginning has arrived. Good luck to all this season.

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am looking forward to the Red Sox opener today in Texas versus the Rangers. The Sox made some great additions in the off-season. I am interested to Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez play.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crawford and Gonzo are going to be beastly.
But I really wonder what kind of player Crawford will be in 3-4 years when he gets a bit slower due to age. In the meantime you can just enjoy the ride.

I wish the Mets had an easier opening day matchup. Josh Johnson is just nasty, we'll be lucky to get away with a win.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skipped school yesterday to watch my Bravos take down the Nats in their opener. Looking forward to seeing how well our young/awesome bullpen does this year. Maybe Freddie Freeman can have a breakout rookie year like Jason Heyward did last year. Heyward going yard in his second str8 opening day yesterday was pretty awesome to see too.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The lazy hazy days of summer are just about here. Mother nature played a cruel joke today with 8 inches of snow.

Pissed and shoveling.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skipped school yesterday to watch my Bravos take down the Nats in their opener. Looking forward to seeing how well our young/awesome bullpen does this year. Maybe Freddie Freeman can have a breakout rookie year like Jason Heyward did last year. Heyward going yard in his second str8 opening day yesterday was pretty awesome to see too.
ATL was easy money in that game, The Nats still suck and conyinue to carry over yet another losing season this year.

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I hope the Braves take down the East Division this year. I think if Freeman and Heyward both have good to better years and Chipper stays healthy they can do it.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heyward is amazing, I think he's going to win a mvp in the next couple of years and be the next Pujols of his generation.

Nevertheless the Mets are surprisingly over .500! haha just 3 games, but i'm feeling good about them so far.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far, so good for my Reds....Long, long way to go, but off to a good start. Really feeling pretty good this year about our chances.... Seems no one can see past Philly, SF, and hell, even the Brewers and Cards are picked over us.. so much for defending NL Central Champs lol! Going to a game this Thursday, cant wait!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chapman is amazing, if he can stay healthy he might be the Reds' closer before long.

NLCE

NLCE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This season will be like all the other 20 or so losing seasons for the pirates. They'll play around the .500 mark till the all-star break. Then nose dive to a 100 loses. But they are still my hometown team and will hope for the best this season. Wish them luck

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pirates have some good young pieces. But it sounds like that every year, I wonder if they'll ever take the next leap like the Rays.

Big early series for the Mets tonight. I want them to at least be able to play close to .500 ball against the Phillies this year.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big early series for the Mets tonight. I want them to at least be able to play close to .500 ball against the Phillies this year.

Nice to dream isn't it? :D :)

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, Thanks GOD MLB is back, Nice win by the Mets last night.

And the best part of the 2011 season so far; THE RED SOX are 0-4. Loving It. They can't find the right spot for Crawford, too good to be batting 7th, can't handle 1st or 2nd.
And he hasn't heard a single Boo from the Red Sox Nation yet
.:aetsch: :dancing: :party: :banghead:

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crawford will be fine, that's such an early panic move to be moving him that far down the lineup.

The season is still plenty young, they have lots of time to recover.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mets looked really good battling back from a 7-0 deficit. They couldn't get the job done, but this year's team is really projecting a different aura.

Now if only we can get Pelfrey to at least pitch semi-decent...

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, Crawford and the Red Sox will be fine, but watching them go 0-5 it's sweet nonetheless.

About the Mets, they are playing better than I expected, just hope that when Santana comes back he is 100%, would hate to watch his career end as a below average pitcher.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok Guys, who wins today Yankees Vs. RedSox?

NLCE

NLCE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just heard manny retired instead of taking the 100 day suspension. I seen that coming. Red sox won one finally. Long season thay will be fine.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feels like same old Mets, losing 3 straight after starting 3-1. It's a long season though...but that might not be a good thing for me :)

and you knew the Red Sox would win eventually. They're just too talented. Orioles are definitely going to stumble eventually, their rotation is just too young.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys think of the baseball season so far? Any surprises? Disappointments?

d44ve

d44ve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys think of the baseball season so far? Any surprises? Disappointments?

RED SOX = Surprised

SOOOOO dissapointed in the Rays. We all knew they wernt going to do much this year, but THIS BAD. Hopefully when Longoria comes back, we can start getting some runs!

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rangers/Red Sox = Surprised

Manny = Disappointed/not surprised

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And Silva is going to the Yankees, What did we do to deserve this?