Michael Vick wants to own a dog

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Michael Vick, who was banned by the judge who sentenced him on dogfighting charges from owning another dog while on probation, says he misses being a dog owner and would like to have one as a pet someday."

"The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback, interviewed by NBC News and the website TheGrio.com, said he and his family miss having a dog. He said he wants to show people that he can be a responsible pet owner and that he would not take the opportunity for granted."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5922161

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how long does he have left on his probabtion...i think he could have a dog...just not another pitbull or something..maybe give him a golden retriever

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, he has never had one as a pet, he might be good at it...

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
espn had a great article about how everyone should really forgive mike vick. he's really made a legit turnaround.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
how long does he have left on his probabtion...i think he could have a dog...just not another pitbull or something..maybe give him a golden retriever

He has a lifetime ban on owning a dog.

I will repeat what I put on the "No Kill Revolution"'s facebook page when they posted the link to that article:

Someone who shoots someone should never own a gun again.. A pedophile should never be around children again.. A drunk driver who caused a fatal accident should never have their license again.. and an animal abuser who was responsible for the death of several animals should never have another animal again. It's pretty simple.. Michael Vick should never have another animal for as long as he lives.

I wouldn't trust Michael Vick with a chihuahua.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so someone who stepped on ants shouldn't be allowed in an insectarium?

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
so someone who stepped on ants shouldn't be allowed in an insectarium?

Last I remember, stepping on an ant wasn't illegal.. now, if someone took 2 ants, put them in a pit together and made them fight to the death.. then no, they shouldn't go to an insectarium, or own an ant farm. :)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it illegal to have fighting fish?

seriously, if i had boughten those fish that try to kill each other and put them in a tank and me and my buddies bet like $50 or something on one vs the other, would that be illegal?

or just unethical?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blah yahoo answers seem to say it is illegal :(

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty sure those kinds of fish aren't tasty

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
lol.. I think forcing any kind of animals to fight for entertainment or money is illegal.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
pretty sure those kinds of fish aren't tasty

*Note to people wondering what Vanq was replying to.. he was replying to a post I put about eating the fish after the fight, that I ended up deleting.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't trust Michael Vick with a chihuahua.

Actually I thinik a Chihuahua would be a perfect punishment... yappy, annoying, attention-grabbing... :cool:

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He already owns a dog,,,,,,,have you seen his "woman". lol

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He should have to get instructions by Caesar Milan before being able to attain a dog.

B

ballers101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Micheal Vick has changed legitimately, he should be allowed to have a pet, I think he wants to get the know the true meaning behind animals and why they mean so much to so many people. He has realized his mistakes and is ready to learn from them, give him the chance to be against it.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No Micheal Vick has changed legitimately, he should be allowed to have a pet, I think he wants to get the know the true meaning behind animals and why they mean so much to so many people. He has realized his mistakes and is ready to learn from them, give him the chance to be against it.

I'm sure there are some people who spent time in jail for shooting someone, got out and have changed as well... but I still wouldn't give them a gun.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do people that Rape a Child are allowed near Kids again? -Why do you think is that?

Z

Zookeeper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every dog in America should have a restraining order filed in its name against MV.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ESPN made an article about Vick's redemption?

I don't know how much to really believe. In sports, especially in the NFL, people don't care if you're a murderer or a rapist, as long as you show up on Sundays. I'll honestly take any Vick character change with a grain of salt. He had to change himself in order to have another chance at the NFL and I applaud him for that, but no one knows what he's really thinking. No one.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2c

Heres my 2c on the subject.People deserve forgiveness and 2nd chances.Where would alot of us be,if we did not get a 2nd chance?Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Plus,I really doubt Vick doing any wrong,realizing the entire world is watching him now.
On pitbulls-This breed has a tendancy to fight bred into them.But its up to the owner of the dog and how the dog is raised.If neglected,they are extremely vicious,if they are raised as part of the family,they are some of the best ,kindest dogs you can own.They are territorial if a strange dog or animal comes around tho.This can be a good thing.I highly doubt a coyote sneaking around your house,if ya got a pitbull runin loose.
I dont have any pets,but I raised pitbulls as a teenager/young man and the only thing wrong with pitbulls are their owners.Some are good and some are bad,and its the bad ones you hear about.